Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are doctors arrogant and self-righteous by choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
    I meant middle class personalities with a shit-ton of money. Not the "I'm entitled to nice things" mentality that you get with people that are born into money who can't balance a check book because basic math is too hard of a concept for them to grasp.
    Gotcha!
    Originally posted by Denny
    I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
      Or are they born that way?
      It's learned behavior after they get their God card, it's the next step naturally.
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
        It's learned behavior after they get their God card, it's the next step naturally.
        Ah... I see. Must rain down on them after they swear to the Hippocratic Oath.

Comment

I don't know Dave off the board but I'm good friends with two doctors.

One has two homes. He didn't sell his last one because he required the storage for his car collection. He has a partial-lease on a G6. He drives a different model AMG each day of the week.

The other lives in a $2MM home with a tennis court. He also has a few Mercedes, a Ferrari, and a few 60s vettes.

Both are under 40. The smallest bill they carry in their wallet is a hundred dollar bill.

I consider myself upper middle class and in the top 2% of income in the US. They make me look like a fry cook at McDonalds.

Sounds like they need to keep working...

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
            Sounds like they need to keep working...
            Both probably receive more income from their investments these days than from practicing their craft. Although one owns his own shop so I'm sure it is a pretty good money maker. I know when I go to get fixed up the waiting room is pouring out the door with invalids.

Comment

Both probably receive more income from their investments these days than from practicing their craft. Although one owns his own shop so I'm sure it is a pretty good money maker. I know when I go to get fixed up the waiting room is pouring out the door with invalids.
              LMAO! Pouring out the door? Damn invalids have no clue how to be more solid these days.
              Originally posted by Vertnut
              I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

My wife works at an orthopedic sports medicine place and I must say it's pretty painful hanging out with all the fucking doctors at these parties. At least the food and booze is good.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

wur iz dave? I guess he just waiting for the right time to make an entrance

Comment

In addition to my earlier post - I think he gets unfairly ridiculed as well. If nobody here knew he was a Dr, he'd be just another one of us. Most of the regular posters have a bit of arrogance and self righteousness. Why does that M.D after his name make any difference?
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                      They are just smarter then most & know it LOL!

My dad is a engineer for Adtran in Huntsville, AL by Redstone Arsenal & he just has that im better then you attitude at times! But he is a great guy!
                      Believe me, doctors and engineers aren't necessarily smarter than anyone. Most are pretty intelligent, but many aren't by any measure.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                        Believe me, doctors and engineers aren't necessarily smarter than anyone. Most are pretty intelligent, but many aren't by any measure.
                        Agreed. I deal with engineers that think they are God's gift to engineering on a daily basis. Most of them are dumber than a box of fucking rocks. They don't understand that just because something looks good on paper, doesn't mean it works or is a good idea in real world application.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Agreed. I deal with engineers that think they are God's gift to engineering on a daily basis. Most of them are dumber than a box of fucking rocks. They don't understand that just because something looks good on paper, doesn't mean it works or is a good idea in real world application.
                          Not to mention the lack of social skills. My roommate in college was an electrical engineer. He was fine, but EVERY single person he brought over to study was just plain awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            In addition to my earlier post - I think he gets unfairly ridiculed as well. If nobody here knew he was a Dr, he'd be just another one of us. Most of the regular posters have a bit of arrogance and self righteousness. Why does that M.D after his name make any difference?
                            I couldn't agree more.

Comment

I dont take offense to this...I can see where someone that doesnt know me could form such an opinion. I just like to stir up controversy every now and then but I think of most of you as friends. So dont take the shit I say personally. And I have never seen anyone's anus on this site and have never been in any orifice on here either. I am not self-righteous...just dont mind the label so that it gives others self-satisfaction as to my motivations on here. To answer the question...many doctors that I know are arrogant because if you tell someone that they are the shit long enough, they will tend to believe it. I look at myself as one that they let slip through the cracks...

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                                I dont take offense to this...I can see where someone that doesnt know me could form such an opinion. I just like to stir up controversy every now and then but I think of most of you as friends. So dont take the shit I say personally. And I have never seen anyone's anus on this site and have never been in any orifice on here either. I am not self-righteous...just dont mind the label so that it gives others self-satisfaction as to my motivations on here. To answer the question...many doctors that I know are arrogant because if you tell someone that they are the shit long enough, they will tend to believe it. I look at myself as one that they let slip through the cracks...
                                You would say that you slip through the cracks, but isn't that part of the job anyways?

Comment

Working...
                                X