Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this guy cuts me off and I hit him...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this guy cuts me off and I hit him...

Today I was driving down Randol Mill in Arlington and this asshole cuts me off so bad I had to lock up the brakes to prevent him from taking off the front end of my car... he then slams on his brakes to make a turn and since I was already smashing on the brakes as hard as I could I plow into the back of him. I get out of the car and he starts cussing me out and asking if I have insurance to which I ask him if HE has insurance. A woman walks over from the parking lot and says she saw him cut me off and slam on his brakes. I called the Arlington PD and they wouldn't come out.

Anyone been in a situation like this? The other driver insisted it was automatically my fault since I rearended him but he also admitted that he didn't see me and basically slammed on his brakes and turned from the middle lane because he noticed he was about to miss his turn. I called his insurance company already and filed a claim and gave them the wittnesses info. They said they will call me within 24 hours. I called my insurance company and they said not to make a claim until I hear back from the other company.

This was in my Focus... front bumper is gouged up pretty bad but suprisingly there wasn't much damage. My brake pedal was pretty mushy and I noticed brake fluid leaking out at one of my wheels so something is messed up there. My neck and back are pretty stiff and sore so i bet I will be feeling great tomorrow.

That sucks but you may be screwed without a police report

Comment

That sucks. There are some even-more-stupid-than-usual people on the roads this week. Hope their insurance takes care of you.
      And ftapd.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
        I called the Arlington PD and they wouldn't come out.
        Of course they wouldn't, they have better things to do like write up people to get more money. Worthless.

That sucks man, at least if you take it to the insurance company you have a witness. If you have a good insurance company they will cover you and go after his to recoup. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
          That sucks but you may be screwed without a police report
          Yeah... they wouldn't come out because there were no injuries and no property damage... bullshit. Maybe the witness will help prove it was the other drivers fault?

Comment

Next time tell them there is an injury and they will come. Doesn't mean you have to get in an ambulance or anything. You could also tell them the car is not able to be moved and that might get them out there as well.

Sucks ya got cutoff.

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
              Yeah... they wouldn't come out because there were no injuries and no property damage... bullshit. Maybe the witness will help prove it was the other drivers fault?
              The insurance companies will do their own investigations. You having a witness means you most likely will not be found at fault. If his insurance company asks you to make a recorded statement, do not do it. Refer them to your agent.

Comment

should've just kick his ass and ran.
                Last edited by soap; 07-19-2012, 06:12 PM.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I personally fought a case just like this when someone did this to me once. I was so mad I drew up a very good diagram of the location, the events that transpired, what was said and because of the way my license plate bend, I convinced the insurance investigator that it was because the guy was at an angle because he was cutting me off. I later got a letter that they had rejected his claim. Stupid-ass Monday.

Comment

Something similar happened to me in my old truck. Person was coming towards me in the other lane though, and tried to make some crazy turn right in front of me on to a side street. I slammed my brakes, realized I was gunna hit them, so I let go of the brakes and turned towards the rear of their car. Rather than t-bone them I just clipped the rear of their car, and spun em. So even though I had just saved their asses from a huge wreck full of injuries, the lady jumps out of her SUV saying I sped up before I hit her. Luckily three different people had seen it happen, and they all stopped. Cops didn't come out, but they all gave me their numbers for insurance. I got no fault, and the ladies insurance had to pay for everything. So witnesses definitly help. This was off of Belt Line out in Richardson.
                    .223 > 911

Comment

When you really need the cops, tell the dispatcher you have a gun and your pissed. works all the time.
                      .....bro....

Comment

I woulda stabbed his ass!
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Why would the pohlice not come out?
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                            When you really need the cops, tell the dispatcher you have a gun and your pissed. works all the time.
                            Ironically... I did and I was

I think I am just gonna go with the "I am injured" thing from now on. If I knew my neck was going to hurt this bad I sure as hell would have told them I was injured. I bet the next few days are going to suck. I think what really screwed me was when I tensed way up and locked up the brakes to try not to hit him and then hit him with my whole body being tense. Ouch

Comment

Just make sure that his company follows up with the witness and gets good photos of each car prior to making their liability decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X