Riding Mowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding Mowers

Looking for a good deal on a riding mower.. Any of you guys know what lawn mowers to stay away from.. Will be cutting about 1 1/2 acres about once a week. Don't really want to spend more than 750.

I have a 12hp Murry 32' deck I will sell for $200?

Comment

I'll give you this one if you come haul it off in Denton. I'm sure it can easily be fixed for a lot less than $750.. The previous owner of my house left it behind..

Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 03-11-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
        I'll give you this one if you come haul it off in Denton. I'm sure it can easily be fixed for a lot less than $750.. The previous owner of my house left it behind..

[ATTACH]2338[/ATTACH]
        Those are good mowers, it should have a 12.5HP OHV Briggs motor in it, good engines.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My dad rebuilds riding lawn mowers
          WRX

Comment

My Toro has been cutting 2 acres, once a week for more than 10 years now. It's been a great mower for the $1300 I paid.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Those are good mowers, it should have a 12.5HP OHV Briggs motor in it, good engines.
              This one has a Kohler engine. But it's gone now. I would have considered fixing it up, but I've got things to do and I've already bought a new one.

Comment

i just fixed a ridin mower up.
                If you have flats on one , I would highly suggest the 50$ northern tool no flat front tire replacements.
                They'll come with bearings and everything, plus obviously no fucking flats later.
                good replacement part

Comment

I mow about the same amount but for now, I have a lot of undesirable grass that grows high and fast and hard to cut. (Mostly Johnson grass I think and some crab grass) Eventually I need to dethatch, plow it under I guess and reseed with bermuda or something. If you have grass like mine, I would not go with less than a 16hp. I used my neighbors 13hp once and it struggled. If you have a nice smooth lawn with a nice quality grass you can get by with less.

Comment

I mow two acres and the roadside with a 1941 Allis Chalmers "B" with a 48 inch belly mount mower. Two acres, two hours. She's old and nasty, but gets the job done. And, I can work on that one. Everything is pretty simple.

Comment

Mine runs and cuts/ready to go. $200 you can't beat it!

Comment

Working...
                      X