Big fish or small fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big fish or small fish

My wife and I are in the process of picking an attorney to go up against a large pharmaceutical company. We've narrowed it down to two law firms and are kind of on the fence. She likes the smaller lawfirm because of the ease of dealing with them, quick call backs, and they take the time to answer all your questions. Of course the down side is they only have 5 cases similar to ours and want a little bit bigger piece of the pie, 33% to take the case and 40% to file suit plus expenses. I'm aware that smaller firms can and will sell your case to a larger firm.

I on the other hand would prefer to go with the mega firm. They have over 100 lawyers and currently have 500 cases just like ours. Also they where actually willing to negotiate their fees. They started at 33% for a settlement, 40% to file suit, and 45% to go to trial. I talked them down to 33% across the board plus expenses and have the contract in hand. I've seen some lawfirms charging up to 50% plus expenses. The downside is you can get lost in the numbers.

The Pharmaceutical company has refused to let any case go to trial up to this point. Everything has been settled out of court and they said they are dealing with the lawfirms that have the most clients first. Everyone else has to wait in line. We are just trying to decide who to go with and have never been in this situation before.

WRX

Comment

Chooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ chooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Chooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ chooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
        I'm not monday rich. A couple hundred grand doesn't change my life.

Comment

Let me guess... Suing for side effects that she ignored before she started taking the medication?
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

What two laws firm are you considering, if I may ask ?
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
              I'm not monday rich. A couple hundred grand doesn't change my life.
              Then why pursue it?

Comment

Your looking at 2to4 years suit thats goes up in price par law firm

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
                Trick3d EVO

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Let me guess... Suing for side effects that she ignored before she started taking the medication?
                  Umm no dumbass. Suing for bloodclots, dvt, and pulmonary embolisms that almost killed her. 6 days in ICU in unbearable pain, seeing a hematologist for the rest of her life and not to mention it complicates every medical issues she might have from now to eternity.

But go ahead tell me I'm wrong since you know everything.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                    Then why pursue it?
                    Ummm I don't know. Maybe the fact they almost killed my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                      Ummm I don't know. Maybe the fact they almost killed my wife.
                      That sucks.

Comment

A real man would seek revenge by killing the doctor.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          A real man would seek revenge by killing the doctor.
                          Yeah, quit being a pussy!

Comment

My gut tells me the smaller firm would be better. More personal attention overall, and just because they "only" have 5 cases like yours how many lawyers do they have? I mean...100 lawyers, 500 cases - is about 5 cases per lawyer - assuming they distribute evenly...which they don't.

It still boils down to which lawyer gets it and his/her experience with that type of case...etc...etc
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X