03trublugt threatens dmv to change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03trublugt threatens dmv to change

license plates. citing that the old plate was difficult to read and clashed with the the colors of his squad car.

It is the first license plate in the country to feature two, high-visibility security threads embedded into the plate sheeting, making it easier for law enforcement to spot legitimate plates.

Other features of this plate design:

Bigger plate numbers. The plate letters and numbers are a full inch wide and just over 2 1/2 - inches tall.
    A new license plate pattern. The Texas Classic plate numbers feature three letters followed by four numbers. By keeping the letters and numbers separate in the alpha-numeric pattern, the seven- character license plate number is easier to remember. This is convenient for plate owners, and also provides better recall for law enforcement and citizen witnesses.
    Black and white goes with any vehicle color.

I like them
    IMG_0424

Comment

I think its more of deliberate ploy to make more money off the new custom plates. Make the stock plate so plain or ugly that people will waste money on the custom plates.

Comment

I fucking hate the new plates!

Comment

Cali seems to do fine with a plain plate and millions more people.

Comment

Finally!
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
            George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              I think its more of deliberate ploy to make more money off the new custom plates. Make the stock plate so plain or ugly that people will waste money on the custom plates.
              The most recent, ass-ugly plate almost could have convinced me to get one of the custom plates. But making them excessively plain plays right into my tastes, so I'm all for it!

Comment

This isn't too bad to me

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  The most recent, ass-ugly plate almost could have convinced me to get one of the custom plates. But making them excessively plain plays right into my tastes, so I'm all for it!
                  yeah i like the new ones as well

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                    yeah i like the new ones as well
                    Are you drunk?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      Are you drunk?
                      It's simple and plain. Better than that Bob Ross bullshit that was going on on the last plates.

Comment

Are you drunk?
                        no why

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                          no why
                          Cause I am, and don't know what you mean!

Comment

i dig the new plate. has a nice old fashioned feel to it. also has a nice "fuck you im from texas" feel to it.
                            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

I fucking hate the new plates!
                              I do too. They're cheap, paper thin flimsy bullshit, and worst of all they're no longer stamped. This makes them less rigid, harder to see, and kills the nostalgic value to them. Not to mention, as I expected when I saw the new design years ago, they're easy to copy and easily faked.

I like the blk/white plates, but they're probably just as shitty.

Comment

Working...
                              X