Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with the Snoring Center or other sleep study places?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with the Snoring Center or other sleep study places?

So my wife has been complaining about my snoring for years. About a year ago I started wearing breath right strips and that helped some but I am now considering going to do a sleep study and also heard about "the snore center" who does a pillar procedure. Just wondering if any of you guys have done one of these? My wife said that it sounds like I am gasping for breath and she has hit me a few times to wake me up because she said she thought I stopped breathing.

I gained about 25lbs in the last six months and apparently it has been making me snore really bad. I thought about getting one of those snore mouthpieces like on tv, but I decided I need to just lose the weight.

I actually think it is affecting my sleep. I feel tired alot of days since this started.

Comment

My GF says I snore like a MF'er but I never hear it so I think she might be lying.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        I gained about 25lbs in the last six months and apparently it has been making me snore really bad. I thought about getting one of those snore mouthpieces like on tv, but I decided I need to just lose the weight.

I actually think it is affecting my sleep. I feel tired alot of days since this started.
        I'm sure this is the reason for my snoring too so I probably need to get my butt in gear. I have gained 25lbs over the last few years and I think that is why it has gotten progressively worse. I feel tired after 8 hours of sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
          I'm sure this is the reason for my snoring too so I probably need to get my butt in gear. I have gained 25lbs over the last few years and I think that is why it has gotten progressively worse. I feel tired after 8 hours of sleep.
          I can actually hear myself start to snore as I fall asleep. Hell I swear I can feel a vibration in the back of my throat while I am awake and take a breath sometimes. I need to get my ass in gear.

Comment

You guys should seriously consider consulting with Dr. Dave, he has a soft spot for fat people.

Comment

From the small group of people I know that have gone, either on their own, or at a wife's begging, 100% have sleep apnea. Most have the masks and say their sleep is more refreshing, but the mask/noise is annoying. All say the snoring stoppec or is masked (funny) by the noise. One could not deal with the mask/noise, so he's still looking for another option.

I haven't gone yet, but probably should.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Sleep studies are generally bullshit, if you're snoring it typically means you've put on too much fat and its typically organ fat. You need to drop weight. If you're skinny, you need to goto an ENT. Sleep studies are garbage for snoring and are if you have no one that sleeps with or near you to tell you that you're snoring and suspect that you might be. Any doctor telling you to go to one for snoring just wants the referral.

Comment

I have done a few of them since I used to have severe obstructive sleep apnea. I have gone through most of the Stanford Protocol to fix my apnea. I have had a full UPPP, tonsilectomy, adnoidectomy, deviated septum repair, turbinate reduction, and had the base of my tongue lasered. That was all one hellacious surgery. I have one more to go, the Maxillomandibular Advancement (MMA) surgery.

My neighbor is a sleep technician and I could PM you her information.
                  01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
                    So my wife has been complaining about my snoring for years. About a year ago I started wearing breath right strips and that helped some but I am now considering going to do a sleep study and also heard about "the snore center" who does a pillar procedure. Just wondering if any of you guys have done one of these? My wife said that it sounds like I am gasping for breath and she has hit me a few times to wake me up because she said she thought I stopped breathing.
                    weight loss took care of my snoring. Im down to 228 from 267 and weight loss was my biggest factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      You guys should seriously consider consulting with Dr. Dave, he has a soft spot for fat people.
                      He would hate me as much as I hate myself.

I have been on a cpap since I was 14(and skinny as a toothpick). Now that I'm fat I really need it.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

I went to a sleep study at the VA. Come to find out I have severe Sleep Apena and was waking up 80 times an hour gasping for breath. The studies are uncomfortable, you have to lay still and are wired up like a Christmas tree
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

if you are fat....lose weight.

Comment

Well, I am 6' tall and weight 215 lbs. I'd like to get down to where I was in college which was about 185 lbs. Maybe that makes me fat but I am wondering if the other alternatives to losing weight work in the mean time.

Comment

Look at all of the fuckin' doctors in here!

Comment

Working...
                              X