GPS a Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS a Phone

My son's apartment was broken into yesterday and one of the items stole was a cell phone from Metro PCS. Sure would like it if someone could track the phone for him. You know how the cops can be sometimes. Anyways, if you have the ability, please pm me for the number.

Thank ya,
    Wayne
    Photobucket

Unless he put an app on it for this reason, no.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

I know it sucks, but the better option is just to buy a new phone. The cops aren't going to do anything about it, and confronting a thief - if you actually could find them - opens up too many possible negative outcomes.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
        I know it sucks, but the better option is just to buy a new phone. The cops aren't going to do anything about it, and confronting a thief - if you actually could find them - opens up too many possible negative outcomes.
        If it were just a phone, I would agree. But there was much more taken. The phone would just help to locate all the goods that were stolen.
        Photobucket

Comment

highly doubtful.
          unless it was an iphone and he had find my phone (doubtful since you said metro)
          and if it was a droid phone, he would have to had something specifically for this installed.

Comment

Who ever broke in left a putty knife. Would the cops even do prints on it? And if they did, would it even help?

By the way, we are dealing with Euless cops.
            Photobucket

Comment

He should just consider himself lucky he wasn't home when the cops broke in!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                He should just consider himself lucky he wasn't home when the cops broke in!
                Or his dog...
                Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                  My son's apartment was broken into yesterday and one of the items stole was a cell phone from Metro PCS. Sure would like it if someone could track the phone for him. You know how the cops can be sometimes. Anyways, if you have the ability, please pm me for the number.

Thank ya,
                  Wayne
                  Cerebus

Comment

And this is where Android Lost comes in handy. You don't need to have a pre-existing app installed on the phone. All installed remotely through the market. And it works, at least for me.

If you lose your Android smartphone and didn't proactively install a security or remote locator app, you can still find your missing phone by following our handy guide.

Comment

Have you called Metro PCS to see if they can ping it?
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                      George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X