No announcement yet.

RN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job!! My ex-wife is a BSN, she's going back soon for the practicioner's license. It's a good line of work. I couldn't do it. I'd run screaming at the first sight of gore.

Comment

My gf was accepted to nursing school and starts this fall. I hope it doesn't drive us apart lol. I stay busy with work and school as well. I am used to being broke so that's nothing new. If all goes as planned we both graduate spring 2014. Congrats to you and your money maker

Comment

Congrats that's a huge accomplishment. Give her a nice good game from the board!

As for those worried about being torn apart... it all depends on the person in the school. Clinicals are what will wear you down on top of class... so then their stress level rises. Some people have to commit more time than others on the studying side but none the less it is still difficult.

Look forward to those paychecks bud... it's going to help alot! I know here in Ks they are getting $25hr for new grads without any shift differentials or overtime.... and that's where the real good money comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
          Congrats that's a huge accomplishment. Give her a nice good game from the board!

As for those worried about being torn apart... it all depends on the person in the school. Clinicals are what will wear you down on top of class... so then their stress level rises. Some people have to commit more time than others on the studying side but none the less it is still difficult.

Look forward to those paychecks bud... it's going to help alot! I know here in Ks they are getting $25hr for new grads without any shift differentials or overtime.... and that's where the real good money comes in.
          Its a little high for the DFW area but not by much. There is a decent flood of nurses and lots of hospitals are wanting people with experience and not wanting to hire new grads now, specifically ones with an ADN and no experience. After a year of being an RN and seeing the difficulties some people struggle through after graduating and boards, I completely understand why hospitals have this mentality.

Shift diff is nice as its another $4/nights and $4.30 weekends. That little $8.30 for a Friday/Saturday night is quite nice.

Comment

So happy for her! That's a huge milestone and a lot of work. She should be very proud!!
            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              Its a little high for the DFW area but not by much. There is a decent flood of nurses and lots of hospitals are wanting people with experience and not wanting to hire new grads now, specifically ones with an ADN and no experience. After a year of being an RN and seeing the difficulties some people struggle through after graduating and boards, I completely understand why hospitals have this mentality.

Shift diff is nice as its another $4/nights and $4.30 weekends. That little $8.30 for a Friday/Saturday night is quite nice.
              Tyler/Longview area is great area for opportunities in the nursing field. My wife is north of $25 plus shift diff. since she is on nights right now, and was just hired. All be it, she worked for 2 years as CNA while in nursing school.

Comment

Originally posted by Droppedlime View Post
                Tyler/Longview area is great area for opportunities in the nursing field. My wife is north of $25 plus shift diff. since she is on nights right now, and was just hired. All be it, she worked for 2 years as CNA while in nursing school.
                Nice.. The 2 years CNA probably helped at bit and being outside the DFW area.

Comment

Mom's been an RNC for almost 25 years... she loves it and made enough to raise me as a single mother
                  Last edited by lowthreeohz; 07-16-2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Congrats to you and your girl SEB!

Comment

congrats to you and your s/o SEB!

my wife has 1 more year......CANT FUCKING WAIT!

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                      My gf was accepted to nursing school and starts this fall. I hope it doesn't drive us apart lol. I stay busy with work and school as well. I am used to being broke so that's nothing new. If all goes as planned we both graduate spring 2014. Congrats to you and your money maker
                      As for you TeeShock Nursing school isn't a joke whatsoever.... it will mentally drain your GF so just be patient.... wish you guys the best!

Comment

Congrats to her! My wife will graduate the Blinn RN program next december. It's been tough keeping up. She's been working her ass off going back to school and she's only half way but it seems like forever.

She wants to work for a year after she gets the RN and then do the online BSN through A&M's new Health Science Center. She's determined to some day have an Aggie Ring! Just hope my contract lasts another year while she is in school and then I can breathe a little. Scott and White is opening a new hospital about 1/2 mile from our house so if she could get on there it would be awesome!

Comment

Congrats! My girl is about to start her 2 year program at the University. She is totally freaking out and it hasn't even started yet! Lol!!

Comment

Working...
                          X