RN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RN

Not sure if any of yall are Nurse's on this board. I cant recall anyone that is other then Davbracus (HOWEVER HIS HANDLE IS SPELLED) But he is a MD if I remember correct.

Well I just came on here to brag about my S/O! She PASSED her State Boards this last Friday & we paid to see the results. I cant tell you how hard it was for her & for us as a couple for her to get here. But she stayed the course & did it!
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

My wife just graduated and passed her first time in May. I can't tell you how proud I am of her and everything she put up with, working as a CNA while in school. I know the struggles of a couple with one in RN school! Congrats man, let the money start rolling in!

Comment

My wife has been a nurse for 20 years.

Nurses can make a very good living if they want to, but that means long hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Droppedlime View Post
        My wife just graduated and passed her first time in May. I can't tell you how proud I am of her and everything she put up with, working as a CNA while in school. I know the struggles of a couple with one in RN school! Congrats man, let the money start rolling in!
        Yes it wasnt just her going through all this. I cant tell you how many weekends we sat at home Broke & even if we had money she had to study for some damn test.

She didnt pass her first time. She had to re apply back in to El Centro & she did the Bridge Program at Medical City cause she works in the CHSU unit as Huck for the past 2 years & it was a battle to just get her back in to Nursing School.

One thing is true. You can kiss your life good bye for the next 2 years when going through nursing school. But now its all done! Its kinda of hard to believe she really passed & its over. But it is.

Well I say that. Now she is going back to school in the Fall to finish & get her Bachelors Degree. But its all online instead of School & Interning like she did for her RN. Now Medical City along with alot of other Hospitals will only hire Nurses if they have complete their Bachelors degree, I think she just likes going to school. But if it makes her happy & she likes it. Then I love it & support her though it
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Congrats to both of you! It's definitely not an easy thing to do and most won't stick with it.

Comment

my wife is a LVN, and as soon as we can afford it, she will be go back and get her RN. from what i can tell, the money is in home health.

Comment

All her books & notes, We just cleaned out her Armoire, Just to give a idea of what she went through & all the books & notes she had to learn for the past 3 1/2 years

Last edited by SEB; 03-18-2014, 02:33 PM.
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                Yes it wasnt just her going through all this. I cant tell you how many weekends we sat at home Broke & even if we had money she had to study for some damn test.
                I hear ya on that. We lived off just my teaching/coaching salary basically for two years. It was a rather meager two years as far as going out or entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Droppedlime View Post
                  I hear ya on that. We lived off just my teaching/coaching salary basically for two years. It was a rather meager two years as far as going out or entertainment.
                  Exactly. I know it was your wife who went through it. But just as you say. You had to live of your salary till then. She did work Fulltime through school along with having her two boys. But I was the one or her parents where the babysitters for her intern days & talk about being BROKE! Yep we stayed Broke during this whole ordeal. I paid alot of the bills here in Garland just to keep everything caught up with Electric Bills & Food.

But im hoping our life is going to start looking up now. First thing we are doing is paying her car off & then getting some better equipment for my Business. She is starting in Oncology at Medical City Monday. Well she has her orientation first. But they started her at $25+ a hour & she starts making that Tomorrow. Now we just got to stay out of debt & pay cash for everything here foward & hopfully we will get ahead of the money 8 Ball in life & money not be such a factor anymore in our life.
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Congrats to her and y'all. I met my wife as she was finishing her history degree waiting to get her teacher cert. She had to wait nearly a year for a solid teaching position and was subbing part time. Being broke is a good motivator, and makes it that much better to work your ass off.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Rockwall will hire her as an undergraduate nurse, she just has to go through an internship before being hired. If interested shoot me a PM and I will get details for you....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                          Rockwall will hire her as an undergraduate nurse, she just has to go through an internship before being hired. If interested shoot me a PM and I will get details for you....
                          Thats her goal is to transfer to Rockwall since my place is out there & we want to buy a house in Rowlett so she is still close to her parents & close to me & her kids Dad lives right by me in Royse City

But she has a 2 year contract with Medical City right now cause she used their Bridge Program to finish Nursing School. But once she finishs her contract. She will def be interested in this
                          GOD BLESS TEXAS
                          August Landscaping
                          214-779-7278
                          Seb's high class.
                          He'll mow your grass.
                          He'll kick your ass.
                          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Congrats!
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

$25 doesn't sound correct. Most of HCA North Texas starts at $22.85 no experience. Tech experience usually counts as 2 to 1. Hick won't count as there is no patient contact for nursing experience. Trust me when I say it. Hca has one if the tightest purses around.

Comment

Working...
                              X