Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most rwhp for daily before PITA sets in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And tires...I was too cheap to buy daily tires for my 350hp S/C fox. It was no fun with 235's on the rear. Also probably a contributing factor to all those "dumb driver jumps curb at car show" videos.
    2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
      C6 z06
      I have a buddy with a C6Z with a blower on it. Makes 655 rwhp. His car still has the factory cam, and like someone else said, I believe that has a huge deal with how "streetable" the car is. His car is very tame on the street until he gets in it at anything under about 80 mph without drag radials on it. So I know that with the platform that you are talking about at least 655 rwhp is doable, but very expensive.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
        C6z with full exhaust, cold air, cam, and tune will get you ~550 rwhp.

Adding heads and fast intake will add some more power, but not much, and will cost a lot, but still be totally streetable.

Beyond that it gets even more expensive. It can make big power and be streetable, but it's gonna cost ya.
        BS! To get a NA LS3 to 550-560rwhp will take everything you listed + heads as well. The FAST intake is a waste of money and shows almost no gains to the stock LS3/LS7 intakes.

Comment

Originally posted by gnturboray View Post
          BS! To get a NA LS3 to 550-560rwhp will take everything you listed + heads as well. The FAST intake is a waste of money and shows almost no gains to the stock LS3/LS7 intakes.
          Notice he posted C6Z....Not an LS3 car.
          -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
          -1993 Cobra- 700rw
          -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
          -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
          -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
            Notice he posted C6Z....Not an LS3 car.
            My bad!!

Comment

My '01 Vette has great driveability with 700 rwhp. How much power is too much for a daily all depends on what the platform is and how you're getting that hp.
              I think starting with larger displacement and adding a moderate amount of boost is the way to go on the the street. Obviously a little 4-banger with a huge turbo might make the same peak power but is probably going to have a lot more lag and lack of low end power.
              Supercharged or turbo cars with a good tune are generally going to be a lot nicer to daily drive than a crazy high revving n/a motor with a huge cam. My Vette has a pretty good size cam in it too but blower or turbo cams tend to be more street friendly too since they don't usually have a lot of overlap like an n/a cam.
              I did have to upgrade the diff, halfshafts, and clutch to make it more reliable.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

My I6 with 500 hp doesn't do too bad for a daily driver.

Comment

Like I said earlier, imho what ruins a daily is the cam. My 92 was h/c/i and 6-15psi of boost and the only thing that made is completely annoying was the cam. If I had to do it over, I'd turbo a small block, and leave the cam very mild.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                  X