Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have their trail camera's out yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks about your feeder. I only run two cameras, but even at 30 yards apart i get different deer on different trails.

With the river running out of water and the grass all burnt up they are hitting my bean fields with a vengeance. There are bucks down there that i dont see and i know it. There was a huge 180-190 inch typical shot just a half mile down the road. I never got a picture of him, but the kid who shot him had some.

Our place gets to much traffic to keep the monsters, but ive seen some 170's down there.

Comment

Damn, that's a monster typical, got any pics? Yours sounds about like ours there was a 180+ class non-typical killed less than a half mile from my stand a few years ago and usually a 140-150 class deer taken off our lease every few years. I've been ready for season to start my dad saw one that he said was bigger than the 180 deer last year and nobody got him so our hopes are high. We also has a few 120-130" deer that had to get passes thanks to the antler restrictions hoping they gained some width this year.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

No i dont but here is a non typical shot close by.

Comment

Just put mine out this morning, bumped up the feed time and cleared out a few narrow firing lanes.
          Photobucket

Comment

Damn impressive deer there I just prefer the large typical deer over the non's even though they score less.

Comment

Im the same. We are known for large non typicals here in my part of kansas.

That one scored 228 1/2 or something close to that. A 170 inch deer is a huge deer. I wouldn't hesitate to put my arrow in one.

Comment

Gonna be a good year...With the amount of rain we are getting things are looking good....

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  Im the same. We are known for large non typicals here in my part of kansas.

That one scored 228 1/2 or something close to that. A 170 inch deer is a huge deer. I wouldn't hesitate to put my arrow in one.
                  We are not known for having deer anywhere near that big, I believe our 180" deer are as big as they come here, still very respectable by any standards of non high fence Texas. I have a good feeling after my feeder is up and going I'll more than likely need to go thin the pig population out since they have a tendency to push the deer off the feeders.

Comment

I just put 2 cameras out last weds and went and checked Sat. This was the best on there...............so far. Check again next weekend.

Comment

Things are looking just fine at the ranch in Jacksboro. Tanks are still pretty full and the bucks are looking healthy. I don't go out and check the cameras every couple of weeks like some do. I normally only check every couple of months during when I go out to fill up the feeders.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X