Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-13 Mustang guys...WTF is hill assist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh nose, a computer helping me out!!! I bet you guys hate air conditioning and cell phones too!
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

And screw GPS. I lick my finger and the wind tells me which direction to go.

Comment

My favorite thing is the 370z's shift assist, makes everyone sound fast and furious.

This just in, being able to shift your car doesn't make you a bad ass.

Comment

I have it on the bimmer, it's pretty nifty!

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
            Note: It's one video, I see doubles...don't know why.

*Weird...don't know what's wrong with the BBCode. It's a YOUTUBE tag and URL inside of that...url reappears if i try to delete it.
            Hrmmm...

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

I've got it on my '12 gt and I've noticed it engine braking but didn't know it held the shifts longer. I'll Play with it and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                2013 mustang with manual transmission has hill start assist.

EDIT: Mustang performance updates for the 2013 model include more power in the GT, now delivering 420 horsepower, addition of SelectShift™ to automatic transmissions, new GT Track Package, Hill Start Assist on manual cars, optional leather-trimmed or cloth Recaro seats and functional hood heat extractors on GT
                I know, but that's not Hill Assist for the 2012 V6 auto that Scott was asking about.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                  Heard that.
                  cars that parallel park themselves
                  Cars that brake for you
                  cars that sense youre sleepy

We will become dependent upon this eventually, and be fucked when the system falters.
                  Then they'll just sue the manufacturer...

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    I know, but that's not Hill Assist for the 2012 V6 auto that Scott was asking about.
                    I drove it all day today with Hill Assist on. It does keep the car in each gear to a higher RPM.

Without Hill Assist, you can be in 6th at 40MPH, spinning 1000RPM!
                    So a gentle nudge of the throttle gets you nearly no response, a little more gets a downshift into 5th, but you still turning 1500RPM, push a little more and BAM! it drops down to second & you're off at 5000RPM.

Hill Assist helps eliminate this behavior. But ultimately I'll get 3.55 gears to get this car moving along better.

Comment

I learned on a stick in a town on a hill and have only owned 2 auto trans cars in my life. BUT... When I had my Mustang I had a line lock and I used to use that as a "hill start assist". WTF not. I can start out fine on a hill, but why bother.

Guess I'm just not a "purist".

It's like complaining about heated seats or AC. Oh noes, I am more comfortable! lulz

Comment

Working...
                      X