How do I endorse this insurance check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Meh, profit was made only after lender became sole owner. And I would be hesitant to call it profit as the vehicle is worth less now as even if they performed repairs outlined in the estimate.
    I was just saying that the remaining money was yours regardless.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
      Wait so they put it toward my principle? I need it to get my daily fixed
      Call them, have them cancel the check and reissue one made out to the bodyshop.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I was just saying that the remaining money was yours regardless.
        Oh. Well of course then. It actually paid for a portion of the last cruise to Barcelona. She did well.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Oh. Well of course then. It actually paid for a portion of the last cruise to Barcelona. She did well.
          ahah, must be nice, took a 9 day transatlantic cruise? I've always wanted to do one of those.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

ahah, must be nice, took a 9 day transatlantic cruise? I've always wanted to do one of those.
            13 days transatlantic and 5 days in Barcelona last May. 9 straight days at sea. Next on our list is Alaska or the Panama Canal.

Comment

13 days transatlantic and 5 days in Barcelona last May. 9 straight days at sea. Next on our list is Alaska or the Panama Canal.
              Nice, Alaska is actually the most popular cruise, 2nd being the Caribbean believe it or not. Sarah wants to do that one. 18 total days had to be one hell of a cost.

Comment

Nice, Alaska is actually the most popular cruise, 2nd being the Caribbean believe it or not. Sarah wants to do that one. 18 total days had to be one hell of a cost.
                It wasn't THAT bad. Under ten.

We have done 7 cruises in the last 5 years. With this new sucky ass yob (no paid vacation for almost 3 years) and a kid on the way we might not be able to do another for a long time. Although I am thinking about taking a 7 day next spring under FMLA. I figure I can lose a weeks pay since it ain't that much anyway. We are gonna call it stress therapy for my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  oh, if it's not for payoff, go get your shit fixed

what kind of po-dunk insurance do you have? Allstate cut the checks for our hail damage straight to me
                  Most larger insurance companies will issue the check to the policy holder for comp claims. If it is a collision/claimant and there is a Lien on said vehicle it is usually a two party check. As for the bank releasing partial funds until repair is completed sounds podunk to me .

Comment

The correct answer is: it depends. Contact your lien holder directly to find out what their procedures are. As you can see from the responses, each lien holder does it differently.

Comment

Working...
                    X