No announcement yet.

How do I endorse this insurance check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I endorse this insurance check?

Made out to myself and Honda finance?

why isn't it made out to you OR Honda Finance?
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Do you still owe on the vehicle?
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Insurance made it out to both of us since I still owe $2800

Comment

Pm GE. he can help you get that taken care of.
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

best bet is to contact Honda Finance

Comment

You need to contact the lien holder, tell them you have the check and they usually say send it to us as payment and send you the remainder. They may be able to work out something with your bank where they get wired their portion and you deposit the check on your end.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

sign it over send them the check they'll issue you another check with credit back. That's how it was with nissan anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  You need to contact the lien holder, tell them you have the check and they usually say send it to us as payment and send you the remainder. They may be able to work out something with your bank where they get wired their portion and you deposit the check on your end.
                  Wait so they put it toward my principle? I need it to get my daily fixed

Comment

oh, if it's not for payoff, go get your shit fixed

what kind of po-dunk insurance do you have? Allstate cut the checks for our hail damage straight to me

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
                      Wait so they put it toward my principle? I need it to get my daily fixed
                      No. You send it to them to get endorsed. They'll either send the check back, or release a protion of it to get the car fixed, and once it's fixed they'll send the remainder to you.

They own the car, just liek you. they want to make sure their car is gettting fixed proper with the money paid to the both of you.

Comment

Same issue here. I need to get my wife's daily fixed and they gave us a check for 2300. I have a buddy who does body work and I want him to get the business and hopefully he can do it for less than the 2300 so maybe we can get a little cash back.

Only thing is he is not sure what to do in order to receive payment for the work as the check is made out to my wife and her lien holder...anyone know what the shop has to do in order to get a check with their name on it?

Sorry to hijack but felt my question was along the same lines

edit: based off SC281' post above, I need to send this check along with the paperwork to my lien holder? I really hate to do that as the lien holder is Santander and they are HORRIBLE. Just go to the BBB's web site and it speaks for itself. I would not be surprised if they kept the extra cash...lol they already break some of the FCC's rules as far as customer contact...
                        Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                          Same issue here. I need to get my wife's daily fixed and they gave us a check for 2300. I have a buddy who does body work and I want him to get the business and hopefully he can do it for less than the 2300 so maybe we can get a little cash back.

Only thing is he is not sure what to do in order to receive payment for the work as the check is made out to my wife and her lien holder...anyone know what the shop has to do in order to get a check with their name on it?

Sorry to hijack but felt my question was along the same lines
                          They just have to produce an invoice showing the parts and labor to get the work done, and to sign off that work has been completed. You send that to the leinholder, and you get the rest of the cash.

It's not complicated.

EDIT: If Santander is so horrible. (I have noexperience with them, so I dunno) why would you do a loan through them?

Comment

I deal with this all the time. Hell, I had a customer cuss me out yesterday because of it. You need to have the finance company endorse the check for you. Call them and they will send you to the right person who can do it. The issue is a lot of finance companies are tired of customers pocketing the insurance money and not fixing their collateral. Then they end up not paying and it repos, or the vehicle gets totaled years down the road and the ins company shorts the vehicle the amount of the previous claim payout, and the finance company gets fucked. So like mentioned above, get it repaired and then send them proof of the repair, either pictures or WO, and they will endorse it.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So much bad info here, jeezus!

First off, the car will need to be fixed before they will endorse any kind of insurance check. Most of the time if they are not local they will have the shop send the check with a final invoice. They will endorse the check and send it back to them. They will not endorse a check before repairs are completed, though sometimes they will if they recieve a signed work order for the shop to help speed up the process.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X