Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screwed up 2010 tax return, Do I send in explanation or do a refile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed up 2010 tax return, Do I send in explanation or do a refile?

Listed the total stock loss of some stocks instead of listing each one individually. It came to the same amount as stated in the tax return. Do I just send them a explanation and a transaction history from my broker or do I need to refile?

If I refile do I use 1040x even though it has no place to list all individual stock sales?

You suck at the stock market

Comment

If the numbers are the same, fuck em, let them figure it out.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I would think you would file an amendment...no?

Comment

I'd talk to an accountant but I'd be inclined to not kick the hornets nest.

Comment

Unless it changes the amount owed or refunded, I wouldn't worry about it.
            Last edited by Silverback; 07-13-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

No material change to amount owed/refunded ... Fuck it. I do question what occurred to bring this to light, however.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Well they sent an "amendment" showing I owe 3.5k since I figured all the stock sales and just put a loss and did not put each individual stock sale.

They gave me till the 25th to respond and Im going to send them the transaction list and the calculation showing how I came up with the loss figure. Just asking if I should send some other form as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                  Well they sent an "amendment" showing I owe 3.5k since I figured all the stock sales and just put a loss and did not put each individual stock sale.

They gave me till the 25th to respond and Im going to send them the transaction list and the calculation showing how I came up with the loss figure. Just asking if I should send some other form as well.
                  Fuck them! Just throw that shit in the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Listen to this guy, he delivers pizzas!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      Listen to this guy, he delivers pizzas!
                      In a vippper!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        lol
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                        X