Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cargo trailers - what do you have and what did you pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo trailers - what do you have and what did you pay?

Looking for a 7x14/16 or preferably 8.5x16 (enclosed).. getting prices from 4500 to 6400 from the dealer. Just looking for reference points on pricing.

TIA

Look on racingjunk.com as there's a ton of dealers with new stuff. Of course everything is optional, and the cheapest ones have shitty axles, tires, brakes(if any at all), etc.

Comment

Dexter axles. Get it stripped and diy on the inside.

I'd look at the slightly used ones. I'd also pay extra for one with extra head room.

Comment

My 7 x 12 Pace was $5K when I got it about 10 years ago... it was only about 1 year old at the time, finished out on the inside with A/C, paneling, insulation, 110V lights, 12V lights, checked vinyl flooring, and shelves.

Used it for my karts at the time, now it's become a very nice moving trailer for my friends & family.

mardyn

Comment

Those prices sound about standard. I bought a 7x14 tandem enclosed 3 years ago and paid $4200. Wood floors and walls, rear ramp and curb door.

When you start getting into the trailers that are finished out with diamond plate, aluminum or cabinets, you start going into the 8k range.

I know there are some decent enclosed in the 8.5 x 16 - 20ish range going for 5-6k. Just gotta shop around. Remember , you will get what you pay for too.

Comment

I have a 28' x 8.5' bought around 02 for about $6500. Ramp door on the back, 48" door on pass side. I bought it because it was the widest one between the wheel wells . It has 5200# dexter torsion axles that I like. Six lug hubs and if you buy a dual axle carry two spares . I'm sure it would cost more ten yrs later. It is s timberwolf, I'm sure they are out of business by now. Same construction as many I have seen.

What do you plan to do/haul with/in it? Ramp door is nice for loading heavy things. Though a wide side door enables loading pallets into it with a forklift. Once in can be manuvered around with a pallet jack.
            Rich

Comment

I know of a 2008 24' enclosed for $3500.

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                I know of a 2008 24' enclosed for $3500.
                Send me info on it. I'm interested..

Comment

Stopped in and looked at this one the other day, i'm fairly confident I can get them down another few hundred bucks.

anything scream out "bad deal!!"?

Comment

Not a bad looking unit for the coin. Bring benjamins and I'm sure they will bargain with you.
                    I like torsion axles but I'm not sure anyone puts them on a trailer that small. I don't like that style roof. I like a flat like a semi trailer as I think it would be easier to repair if that did arise.

When do we see pix of it behind your tow vehicle?
                    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                      Dexter axles. Get it stripped and diy on the inside.

I'd look at the slightly used ones. I'd also pay extra for one with extra head room.
                      X2 on the dexter axles

Comment

In my opinion, used was only marginally cheaper than new. Also, anything with a good price was a bitch to get a hold of since they seemed to be taken within 10 minutes.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Found a 7x14 that's already insulated and partially finished out.. it doesn't have a ramp back door but i have a pair of large ramps to use with the buggy. i think i can pick it up for less than 3k, hopefully i'll know today.

Last edited by lowthreeohz; 07-16-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Wow, ^^ that one looks kinda like mine on the inside (less the roof A/C). I'd think that's a steal for $3K.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                              Wow, ^^ that one looks kinda like mine on the inside (less the roof A/C). I'd think that's a steal for $3K.

mardyn
                              no a/c but has vents/fans.. it's cool enough up here. I would ideally just build an interior door on the side door that hangs a wall unit AC.

Comment

Working...
                              X