No announcement yet.

lithium rechargable AA's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

search 14500 for lithium cells in a AA size. Expect to still pay about $7 each though... Were you lol at that price per cell? Thats cheap for a lithium cell. Oh and BTW lithium trumps all others.

Comment

Ultrafire batteries suck balls. I've got some for my flashlight. They won't hold a charge for shit and never charged that well.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
        search 14500 for lithium cells in a AA size. Expect to still pay about $7 each though... Were you lol at that price per cell? Thats cheap for a lithium cell. Oh and BTW lithium trumps all others.
        Depends largely on the application. And Li-Po is normally better than Li-ion.

Know your technologies son!!!!

Comment

Don't lithium ion batteries require a specific charger?

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
            Don't lithium ion batteries require a specific charger?

Stevo
            If you are using just the bare Li-Ion cells then yes.
            If you are using the batteries to rebuild a battery pack (such as what comes in a laptop) the electronic circuit that controls charging is normally built in to the pack. If you just pop a Li-Ion cell into a charger for NiMH or Nicad batteries you might experience a nice fire or explosion. I've seen it happen under controlled conditions (I did it for fun to see what would happen)

Comment

Also they will have twice the voltage of a AA, there 3.6 or 3.7 volts each depending on type.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Depends largely on the application. And Li-Po is normally better than Li-ion.

Know your technologies son!!!!
                I was speaking about lithium batteries in general. Never once did I specify a type. Dont put words in my mouth.

Comment

do they not make lipo or li-ion AA size with a voltage regulator to 1.5v standard?
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                    Also they will have twice the voltage of a AA, there 3.6 or 3.7 volts each depending on type.

Those are resting voltages. Charged up they should read 4.2v each.

Comment

I was speaking about lithium batteries in general. Never once did I specify a type. Dont put words in my mouth.
                      And I'm speaking of all battery types. They are heavily application dependent...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        do they not make lipo or li-ion AA size with a voltage regulator to 1.5v standard?
                        If you need good cheap rechargeable 1.5v cells I will second Tim and suggest the Sanyo enneloops.

Comment

Working...
                        X