Cough Meds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cough Meds?

I've been sick with a cough from hell, chest congestion and a fever for a week. I have tried honey along with Hydromet syrup and neither worked. My script calls for 5ML of Hydromet which doesn't seem like much when taking it....did the doc or pharmacy screw up? If I don't get more than 2 hours of sleep at night soon I'm going to lose the little sanity I have.

So, what works?!

Codeine

Comment

My doctor always gives me some WC-END or something like that. It used to be Tussin HC but it tasted too good so I am sure they outlawed it.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
        I've been sick with a cough from hell, chest congestion and a fever for a week. I have tried honey along with Hydromet syrup and neither worked. My script calls for 5ML of Hydromet which doesn't seem like much when taking it....did the doc or pharmacy screw up? If I don't get more than 2 hours of sleep at night soon I'm going to lose the little sanity I have.

So, what works?!
        It's not a screw up. 5ML is one teaspoon, which is the proper dosage for Hydromet 5mg-1.5mg/5mL.

I usually stick with green death Nyquil when I need to sleep with a cough.

Comment

How long ago did you go to doc? I would've been back in there getting better drugs.

Comment

Sleep

Promethazine w/Codeine syrup is the most potent cough medicine I've ever been prescribed. Nyquil Cold & Flu always knocks me out whenever I've taken it. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
              Promethazine w/Codeine syrup is the most potent cough medicine I've ever been prescribed. Nyquil Cold & Flu always knocks me out whenever I've taken it. Good luck.
              Did they teach you that in drug school?

Comment

Call the doc and ask for Tussionex. It is expensive as hell(even with insurance), but it is the most powerful cough syrup I've ever used. It makes the prometh/codeine seem like water.
                2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Ded

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
                    How long ago did you go to doc? I would've been back in there getting better drugs.
                    I haven't for this. The Hydromet is a bottle from months ago I never used. Friday will be my only day I can get to the doc; If that's even possible. It's probably not helpful I go to the place where I caught this from daily, either.

I'll grab some NyQuil for tonight's festivities, but I am getting Cherry! I'm not as brave as you Jenn to take the green.

Comment

Take a shot of this and call me in the morning

Comment

Listen to the medic. They learn pathophysiology of pulmonary disorders and the pharmacology of treatment options in depth. So much so that the private EMS service he worked for didnt even need to bring patients to the ER. He diagnosed and treated them at their home. Dude's a medical badass.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                          Codeine
                          First thing that came to mind. R.I.P Pimp C
                          Street car.

Comment

chug down 20oz of grape drank every 6 hours.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X