What are your retirement plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your retirement plans?

We're getting the other thread off track, and I don't really remember this subject ever being brought up. What are your plans? What are you doing to make it happen? I really would like to be on a beach, but it would be tough to leave this region. I've been reducing expenditures and debt for about 2 years now and am contributing heavily to my 401k. Screw working forever. What about you guys?

Just 401K and a personal savings right now. Once I finish paying cash for school after my Masters is done, i'll be contributing more.

Comment

You already know mine. I'm retiring to Belize!

I will be selling my house in April, renting a small 1BR apt and cutting all my expenses down to $1400/m. That way I can put all my other cash away into small rent houses and dividend paying stocks to draw an income on. Once I have $2.5k-3k/month income minimum, I am GONE!!!

My grandparents are in their early to mid 70's and my family lives until 85-92 yrs so it'll be time to head out once that happens. If they stay longer, I stay longer.
      Last edited by sc281; 07-11-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Lottery, and selling my collection of commemorative plates.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Mega Millions, then travel the world. I like to keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            Lottery, and selling my collection of commemorative plates.
            oh I forgot about all the Franklin Mint stuff I have!

Comment

Going to retire on my 60th birthday and live to 100. As far as money goes I'll be set. I'll have my railroad retirement, 401k, manager retirement, mutual funds and plenty of cash socked away. Not to mention my wife's two pensions and her 401k.

Comment

Been saving like a mofo the past 4 years and paying off all debt. Would like to have a get a way house on the West Coast and enjoy traveling. If I'm lucky, I can pull it off in the next 5-7 years, if not, 10 years and then I am done.
                2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                Speedlogix Catch Can
                Resonator Delete

Comment

Work till the day I die doing something so as to stave off boredom and depression.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I plan on becoming a Fort Worth police officer.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Already retired but seriously hoping things hold together long enough for me to pay off the house and car and start stashing more money away. I've seen my stocks take a hit so I've written those off and am just keeping cash around
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Not making any plans, I probably won't live past 40 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                          I plan on becoming a Fort Worth police officer.

Stevo
                          I'd rather be a fireman.

Comment

I think part of the problem with retiring is that people forget to live and save to the point in life where they have exceeded their physical ability to enjoy what they do. I've nearly paid off all debt, still save, but make sure to experience life along the way.

Comment

Move to St. Thomas in less than 15 years with enough money to live on for the rest of our lives, send kids to college, and play.

Buy a boat, move all tools, and continue working on boats (on the side for networking and something to do).

Relax and live free.

Comment

Working...
                              X