No announcement yet.

DirecTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just called Dish simply to make a complain(not threaten to cancel) and got a 6 month discounted rate. And the agent was overly polite. They must be getting a lot of cancellations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
      every news article has pointed out ratings and viewership for Nickelodeon and MTV (viacoms highest rated channels) have been plummeting.

sure, viacom is justified in asking for an increase since the last contract was 7 years ago, but 30% seems like a hell of a stretch.
      I would think that channels like AMC, which has I believe the three most watched series' on cable television right now, are the main reason why they are asking for more.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Viacom doesn't own AMC. DirecTV is battling Viacom (MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Nickelodeon, Spike, VH1, CMT, etc.)

Dish is in a battle with AMC Networks, channels like AMC, IFC, WE, and Sundance.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          I would think that channels like AMC, which has I believe the three most watched series' on cable television right now, are the main reason why they are asking for more.

Stevo
          oh. amc isnt viacom. amc and dish are having their own dispute. i would guess you are correct there. you would think with mad men, walking dead and breaking bad, that amc's ratings would be at an all time high.

viacom and directv are having their own dispute. viacom has nick, mtv, bet, vh1, comedy.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I just called and got show time and starz for free for 6 months and the 5 dollar credit

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
              You understand why they wanted to charge more, don't you? It is because more people were watching Viacom's channels, and when the contract with Dish was up, they wanted to renegotiate for more money. Viacom was making Dish a bunch more money over the last few years with the success of programs like those on AMC, but Dish didn't want pay more to Viacom.

If you are making your employer a lot more money by doing something only you could do, wouldn't you want to ask for more pay when your contract is up and it is time to renegotiate your contract?

I bet they are kicking their own ass now that there is a mass exodus.

Stevo
              I'm confused. Are we talking about Dish or DTV here?

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                oh. amc isnt viacom. amc and dish are having their own dispute. i would guess you are correct there. you would think with mad men, walking dead and breaking bad, that amc's ratings would be at an all time high.

viacom and directv are having their own dispute. viacom has nick, mtv, bet, vh1, comedy.
                Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
                I'm confused. Are we talking about Dish or DTV here?
                Apparently I don't know what I am talking about, I thought AMC was part of Viacom since they were also dropped from Dish.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Glad I don't have Direct. The world wouldn't be the same without my BET.

Comment

We just got Direct TV too. On a good note. We only pay one Bill for her Address & my place. I just paid the $200 for the equipment up front. But not having Spike it pissing me off & im not sure what other channels I have lost, But i know when I hit guide I dont have alot of the channels. Im gonna call in & bitch & see if they will lower my bill now
                    GOD BLESS TEXAS
                    August Landscaping
                    214-779-7278
                    Seb's high class.
                    He'll mow your grass.
                    He'll kick your ass.
                    And while his kidney stones pass,
                    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Is it a Breach of Contract since we just signed a year contract on that channel package. Well if there not providing the channels we signed shoulded the bill be changed to reflect the service I am getting?
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                        Is it a Breach of Contract since we just signed a year contract on that channel package. Well if there not providing the channels we signed shoulded the bill be changed to reflect the service I am getting?
                        I had charter at one time. I ordered the cable right around the start of the regular season of the Mavericks. They had some agreement with fssw that they could only show like half the games. I called them and told them the only reason I ordered cable was to watch the mavericks and this isnt what i signed up for. It was the 100% truth as I believe TV to be an absolute waste of life. They dropped my service with no charges or fees.

Comment

Working...
                        X