No announcement yet.

DirecTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blame Viacom, they're the greedy assholes in this. They're trying to charge DTV 30% more for their channels and DTV basically told them to fuck off. I applaud them.

But if you're cheap like me, you can use this to your advantage. I called DTV yesterday and told them I wanted to cancel my service (I'm not under contract) because I felt I could get a better value with another company. I was polite and even told them I was on their side in the Viacom dispute. They lowered my payment $30/mo and threw in NFL Sunday Ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
      Blame Viacom, they're the greedy assholes in this. They're trying to charge DTV 30% more for their channels and DTV basically told them to fuck off. I applaud them.

But if you're cheap like me, you can use this to your advantage. I called DTV yesterday and told them I wanted to cancel my service (I'm not under contract) because I felt I could get a better value with another company. I was polite and even told them I was on their side in the Viacom dispute. They lowered my payment $30/mo and threw in NFL Sunday Ticket.
      I agree. Viacom had all of those fucking videos on Youtube removed awhile back for copyright infringement. Fuck them. BTW, I dont miss MTV or any of that bullshit, but Comedy Central I do.

Comment

I miss Tosh.0, the other stuff I don't want/watch anyway.

mardyn

Comment

If you have directv call and threaten to cancel because of the viacom channel cancellations. When they offer $5 off act like it is not enough. They will then give you $5 off for 3 months, Starz free for 6 months, Showtime free for 3 months, and HBO free for 3 months.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I recently switched from direct tv to at&t uverse, best fucking move i have ever made! Our bill cut in half, and we have at least twice the channels that we had before. Not to mention this on demand shit is bad ass!! Free all room dvr, pause in one room continue in the next, etc.. all this direct tv wanted us to pay xtra for or did not offer. Also not to mention we dont have to worry about losing cable any time there is a cloud in the sky like we did with direct tv. Oh not to mention we get all the movie channels for free for 1 year!! showtime, hbo, cinemax, etc.. i could go on and on, but I think you guys get the point. I have heard that fios is just like uverse in what they offer and their service.

Fuck direct tv, uverse ftmfw!!

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
              DISH dropped AMC, IFC, Sundance, et al on Sunday.
              I don't watch any of that. I still have Comedy Central, et al so I'm good.
              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I just cancelled direct tv. Going back to cable. I miss the on demand and hated losing signal when it Rained.
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

We cancelled DirecTV as well, switching to AT&T Uverse.
                  '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                  '13 Dodge Cummins
                  '14 Rubicon X

Comment

We can't get Uverse were we live. I was hoping they would let me cancel but it would be a $200 fee. So I took the free stuff. Better than nothing I guess.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Everything will back to normal in the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                        I just cancelled direct tv. Going back to cable. I miss the on demand and hated losing signal when it Rained.
                        We never had many problems with signal loss during rain, but completely agree with you abouut the on demand offered by DirecTV being second-rate.

Comment

You understand why they wanted to charge more, don't you? It is because more people were watching Viacom's channels, and when the contract with Dish was up, they wanted to renegotiate for more money. Viacom was making Dish a bunch more money over the last few years with the success of programs like those on AMC, but Dish didn't want pay more to Viacom.

If you are making your employer a lot more money by doing something only you could do, wouldn't you want to ask for more pay when your contract is up and it is time to renegotiate your contract?

I bet they are kicking their own ass now that there is a mass exodus.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Yea I hear they do a lot more for you once you are out of contract. I still have about 9-10 months left so they knew they had me. Oh well I got something and that is better than nothing.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                              Everything will back to normal in the next few days.
                              I think so, too. They'll meet in the middle and figure it out, or hell, they will just charge the customers more some way.

It's not a bad time to use this to get discounts or other free channels for a while. Call and give them hell. When the first doofus can't help, demand to speak with someone else. By the time you get to the third person, they should have the authority to give you the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                                You understand why they wanted to charge more, don't you? It is because more people were watching Viacom's channels, and when the contract with Dish was up, they wanted to renegotiate for more money.
                                every news article has pointed out ratings and viewership for Nickelodeon and MTV (viacoms highest rated channels) have been plummeting.

sure, viacom is justified in asking for an increase since the last contract was 7 years ago, but 30% seems like a hell of a stretch.
                                www.hppmotorsports.com
                                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                                X