Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Matts pension plan is on hold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    "Fully fund" is meaningless because it still depends on an assumption of what return they will get on their contributions.

I have decided to retire with $4 billion in the bank and my plan is fully funded. Now I just need to get a 178% return every year for the next 40 years....
    Actually, it means the city has to deposit the matching funds in the account, not just "promise" to pay when the bill comes due. This was a good change to the law as a result of a lot of people losing their retirement because the employer could no longer afford to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      So, it's currently unfunded because ...
      It used to be enough for cities to "promise" to fund the accounts. With GASB, they had to actually put the money in the accounts. BIG difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        See, just the typical lighthearted happy-go-lucky response when someone calls you out. You are the poster child for "can dish it out but can't take it".....

I really don't have the slightest idea what you're even talking about any more or how anything you have posted towards me in this thread relates to my quotes. Maybe you could try to explain it to me. Even if it still doesn't make sense I'm sure it will give us all a good laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
          Actually, it means the city has to deposit the matching funds in the account, not just "promise" to pay when the bill comes due. This was a good change to the law as a result of a lot of people losing their retirement because the employer could no longer afford to pay.
          You mean the present value of the future funds. It is a defined benefit plan not defined contribution. So again, it depends on assumptions the city makes, you see where that got them in the past.

I have invested millions of dollars for these funds, I know more about how they operate than anyone here.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Methinks talisman is jealous....

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
              Fuck you.
              Still all bitter, aren't we?

Too bad all your posts aren't this short, it would save your little e-fingers a whole lot of keyboard time because the rest of your reply, removed for the sake of brevity, was typical e-ranting drivel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                All that money just rains down from the sky!

Actually, if we get another recession going this problem is going to take care of itself, you will see cities going under right and left. It is possible that we are in the early stages right now.
                Three cities in SoCal filed for bankruptcy in just the last 6 months, a recession will make an already bad problem much worse. It affects me directly because they are clients of mine, so their spending with me has stopped.

...and yeah yeah, Commiefornia sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  With that said, I do find it funny that Henry would make a thread like this just for me
                  My, my, your so full of yourself Matt. Everyone post news stories and this one happens to be about the future of pensions of FTWPD. You're the one that posts about your portfolio and trying to get people here to compare IRAs and now all of a sudden Im making a thread about you, more like making fun of you, partner...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    why government employees should NEVER have such a pension. All of the risk falls on the entity, and thus taxpayers. ...
                    I still can't get over the fact that this sentence was misunderstood and then argued.

Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      It used to be enough for cities to "promise" to fund the accounts. With GASB, they had to actually put the money in the accounts. BIG difference.
                      Nevermind, you clearly don't understand what we're talking about here. I don't know why I even try anymore ...
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Here you go boys, lets end this once and for all. Whip them out and post up the results. This should be all you need.
                        Slow moving projects
                        1964 C10 350/700r4
                        1992 LX 5.0

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Three cities in SoCal filed for bankruptcy in just the last 6 months, a recession will make an already bad problem much worse. It affects me directly because they are clients of mine, so their spending with me has stopped.
                          Exactly what I am saying. Bankruptcy is the only way these politicians stop spending money. Wait until it happens on the federal level!
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                          X