SVT Lurch Strikes Again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
    IIRC, if this is his first time using VA for a home loan there won't be a funding fee. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.
    First time is 2.15%, second time is 3.30% and you are exempt from paying it if you have 10% or higher disability. That's based on <5% downpayment.

Comment

We busted the seller's balls on my current home - thinking the VA inspection would fail due to a couple of things. Things we wanted gone anyway, but the seller's refused unless it failed.

Both my Realtor and I thought so, but the VA passed it without issue.

Owning an acre or more is more work, but worth every bit of it. Almost wish I bought the place that had 6 acres for the same price, lesser home - most of it was woods with a creek and a huge bank. Perfect for shooting. Just the seller was present when I was there and seemed WAY desperate to sell. I mean DESPERATE.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

We are waiting on appraisal right now and are set to close the 20th. Trey got us a fantastic rate and has been great to deal with. I like a one income household and now that the wife graduated and will be working soon it will just add to the pot. I actually may try to pay it off in less then 5 years but I always like to play the what if game.
        Last edited by kingjason; 07-14-2012, 08:46 PM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          We are waiting on appraisal right now and are set to close the 20th. Trey got us a fantastic rate and has been great to deal with. I like a one income household and now that the wife graduated and will be working soon it will just add to the pot. I actually may try to pay it off in less then 5 years but I always like to play the what if game.
          Yea, I'm paying off my wife's car and our adoption loan this summer. That will free up over a grand extra a month. It's going on the house with any other money I can spare. We're cutting back on a lot of things like eating out (which we do WAYYYYY too much). I want to pay this thing off quickly. I'm even thinking of selling the BMW to get rid of the payment, but I'm not 100% sure I'll do that yet...
          Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 07-16-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Trey's a very knowledgeable, nice guy. Answered about 125 questions (LOL!) I had about various scenario's. We're waiting on 2 different offers on our existing home, and are looking to down-size out by the lake in Rockwall. We just need to find the right place.

Comment

Thanks for the thread Rick, I appreciate it. Good referrals are important when that's your only source of business.

Thanks to the rest of you for your kind words as well. I'm glad I was/am able to help.

Comment

Are current VA loans able to be refi'd without proof of income if we have 20% equity in the home already? Or is it possible for no docs to get in under 3.75% with a 780+ credit rating?
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

To my knowledge there aren't any true "no doc" loans out there at the moment. Depending on who currently services your loan you might qualify for a streamline refinance which can require as little as pay stubs for credit documentation. I haven't done one since 2009 so I would need to know who currently holds your note and look up their guidelines. The rate should be doable either way (streamline or not).

Comment

Flagstar Mortgage
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                    X