No announcement yet.

ever been robbed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. I have never been robbed, but I have been at gun point many times. Been shot at 6/7 times, maybe more. Both with hand guns and rifles. I walked away from that life a long time ago and try to never look back.

Come to think of it, I have been hit with rock salt as a teen, lol.
    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
      A buddy and I got robbed back in 1990 when I lived in Lubbock. We were walking out the back of a friend's house and into the alley. Once we got out of the lighted area and into the dark two guys popped out from behind a car and pulled guns on us. I was a broke ass college student with less than $20 in my pocket and so was my buddy. I was so damn mad as I was standing there looking at the robbers that I couldn't stand it. As soon as we gave them our money they started laughing and talking shit. I became even more livid, but I knew not to try and be a badass since it was 2 guns vs. 0 guns. They slowly walked off back down the alley and when they were about 25 yards away I couldn't stand it anymore. They weren't paying any attention to us anymore, so I slowly started walking behind them and when they were about 20 yards away I started screaming at them. They turned their head back and then took off like 2 scared little bitches. Unfortunately, they were 2 little scared bitches with mine and my buddy's money! We called the cops, gave descriptions of them and they got picked up a day or so later.

When I started bouncing in clubs in the early 90's I met a guy that was a total self-defense badass. He was a former border patrol sgt, but was going through a weird time in his life, hence working at a bar. We would walk through "what if" situations all the time to help being mentally prepared if something happened. One of the first things he told me was if someone with a knife is attacking you, you have to expect to be cut at some point during the fight. He said too many people in that situation freak out once they get cut, take their mind off the fight part of the situation and end up getting hurt much worse. Oddly enough, a couple months later a guy pulled a knife on me as I was kicking him out of the bar. He stuck me in the wrist out of nowhere, but I was able to keep my focus on the fight and ended up getting him in handcuffs. The cops showed up and his dumbass when to jail.
      Go into every fight expecting to get hurt. Your adrenaline will protect you from feeling most of it.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
        Interesting. I have never been robbed, but I have been at gun point many times. Been shot at 6/7 times, maybe more. Both with hand guns and rifles. I walked away from that life a long time ago and try to never look back.

Come to think of it, I have been hit with rock salt as a teen, lol.
        Impressive. I've been shot probably 4 times, 3 in the chest, once in the back. Not counting the other one. Vest stopped the body shots. They hit anything interesting on you?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          Impressive. I've been shot probably 4 times, 3 in the chest, once in the back. Not counting the other one. Vest stopped the body shots. They hit anything interesting on you?
          Impressive, no. Some bad choices I had made in my younger years. And I have never been hit. I can remember hearing rounds hitting things around me as I'm hauling ass. Trees, cars, doors, windows etc. (and no. I wasnt a thief)Some times I could hear rounds buzzing by me. Once I was asleep in a hide a bed and 2 shots were fired into the bed at me with a high power rifle. 30.30 if I had to guess.

Luck?...Maybe.
          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
            Impressive, no. Some bad choices I had made in my younger years. And I have never been hit. I can remember hearing rounds hitting things around me as I'm hauling ass. Trees, cars, doors, windows etc. (and no. I wasnt a thief)Some times I could hear rounds buzzing by me. Once I was asleep in a hide a bed and 2 shots were fired into the bed at me with a high power rifle. 30.30 if I had to guess.

Luck?...Maybe.
            Sounds like a Guardian Angel. If you're into believing into such things (I am). Still, I'd love to have a beer and hear about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Sounds like a Guardian Angel. If you're into believing into such things (I am). Still, I'd love to have a beer and hear about it.
              Could have been.

It would take a lot of beers for me to tell very much. Hell, my wife dont even know the most of it. I dont think she cares to hear it anyways.

In a nut shell, I walked away and never looked back. Sold my Harley and havent ever owned one since.
              Photobucket

Comment

Thoughts on carrying one of those tiny .380s that fit in a holster that looks like a wallet in your pocket? Worth the risk of going for that like its your wallet and opening fire or better to just give them what they want or is that still situational?

Obviously I've never been in a situation like this and her getting robbed really has me unnerved (she's an ex-fiance of sorts).

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I used to get robbed all the time in PLANO, sometimes at gunpoint. They always managed to get about $250.00 to $350.00 from me. Sometimes I would see them coming or turing around to get me and I would RUN, RUN, RUN. I had to move out of that city and limit my visitations to that area of Collin county.

So in closing, FUCK THE PLANO POLICE DEPARTMENT!
                what, why were you always being victimized?
                1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                  Thoughts on carrying one of those tiny .380s that fit in a holster that looks like a wallet in your pocket? Worth the risk of going for that like its your wallet and opening fire or better to just give them what they want or is that still situational?

Obviously I've never been in a situation like this and her getting robbed really has me unnerved (she's an ex-fiance of sorts).

what, why were you always being victimized?
                  A Ruger LCP?

Comment

what ever this thing is, kel tek but its for any generic small gun that fits i think
                    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Working...
                    X