RIP daily...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP daily...

152k on the clock and was still running like a top. Was averaging 35-37 mpg's and will miss the old red honda.

I was going southbound on a 4 lane road. In the far right lane that was open and going 35 mph (in a 40) while the left lane was stopped as there was a train about 200 yards up at an intersection. Left Lane goes straight, right lane turns so I was good all the way to the light up ahead.

This mustang (with a fucking SWEET hood decal) tries to cross all 4 lanes (going westbound across the street I was on) inbetween the stopped cars (again about 200 yards from the intersection ahead that has the light (he had a stop sign) and pulled out in front of me.

Impacted and then slid into a parking lot and pushed into a parked car.

Airbags will disorient you and make you feel like COD where the grenade goes off and you hear the ringing/dizzy. Small burns on my arms/hands. I fear it's a total loss though.

Now to figure out what I want to replace it. Car was paid off and don't want another car payment. Any suggestions for a beater for 6-9k or less?

is this naSSty Nate?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Something without airbags. I fucking hate those things.

Comment

shitty... find a TDI VW.. like a passat or jetta... that way you get better fuel mileage
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Yea, I'd say it is a total loss with the Airbag deployment...

However, I'm very happy that you are OK. That is the only thing that is important here..

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
            shitty... find a TDI VW.. like a passat or jetta... that way you get better fuel mileage
            Is the fuel mileage enough of an increase to justify the increase in fuel cost? I haven't looked at diesel prices in a while, but they were 40-60 cents a gallon more than regular unleaded. If it were me, I'd get another Honda. They are stout cars! I hit a 1500 lb heifer one night. Totaled my '97 civic and everyone in the car was ok after the accident. I hit it traveling at about 75 mph. It rolled up the hood, put a v in the roof of the car and rolled off of the passenger side. I was entering a curve just after dusk one night, the cow was black, I didn't have a chance.
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              However, I'm very happy that you are OK. That is the only thing that is important here..
              Well, that, and whether or not the other driver has insurance.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                is this naSSty Nate?

god bless.
                Yes sir.
                Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                Yea, I'd say it is a total loss with the Airbag deployment...

Yeah I'm ok. Just a bit sore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  Well, that, and whether or not the other driver has insurance.
                  Liability insurance they do have for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    Is the fuel mileage enough of an increase to justify the increase in fuel cost? I haven't looked at diesel prices in a while, but they were 40-60 cents a gallon more than regular unleaded. If it were me, I'd get another Honda. They are stout cars! I hit a 1500 lb heifer one night. Totaled my '97 civic and everyone in the car was ok after the accident. I hit it traveling at about 75 mph. It rolled up the hood, put a v in the roof of the car and rolled off of the passenger side. I was entering a curve just after dusk one night, the cow was black, I didn't have a chance.
                    I get about 42mpg in mine and considering a diesel will usually last longer then a gas motor I would say it is worth it.. I have 260k on mine and John has over 500k on his and both run perfect with great mileage

cost of fuel isn't that much different... right here by the house it is only 32 cent difference
                    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

+100 on a TDI passat or jetta

Comment

Dang Nate a Honda....no more Camaro?
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

that sucks, Nate... glad youre ok though.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                            Dang Nate a Honda....no more Camaro?
                            Was the wife's car but we bought her an IS250 and I've driving this thing for the great gas mileage and no car payment.
                            Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                            that sucks, Nate... glad youre ok though.
                            Thanks bud. How is the family?

Comment

I'm sure that hood decal can be saved.

Comment

Working...
                              X