FML & Paint guy in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FML & Paint guy in Houston?

So. Truck needed new tires. I wanted to go back to stock wheels, and I had a set, but they were located in fort worth, and I'm in Houston for the summer. I damn sure wasn't about to put new tires on those ugly wheels. I was up there for a funeral on tuesday, and grabbed the wheels. I tried to buy tires while I was up there, but ran out of time. I wasn't looking forward to the drive home on the fourth of july, I figured the tires wouldnt make it. Well, right before College Station on HWY 6 and the damn front right came apart. I had slowed down to about 60 and was taking it easy.
    Of course the factory lug wrench didn't fit these lug nuts so I changed it with a 12'' snap on breaker bar and socket. (Lesson learned)

Took out the bumper, threw off the factory fender flare, scratched the door and fender DOWN TO THE METAL so it wont just "buff out". I really had to save some cash for tires, but now it's tires+bumper+paint work+new fender flare. It's a lot worse than it looks in the picture.

Pretty bummed out about this. I was real proud of this pickup, and now I've gotta drive around with this shit for a few weeks.

Does anyone know a paint guy in Houston?
    Does anyone know of a good bumper shop in DFW or Houston? All I'm finding is diamond plate stuff in a glossy finish. I want flat metal, with a bare or flat black finish

Shit.

This is the bumper I want, and at only $590 it's doable. But the guy says he cant get it in flat plate, and if I deciede to go with diamond plate, it'll take months to "get one in in bare metal"
    Last edited by HarrisonTX; 07-06-2012, 06:53 AM.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

i aint sure if im reading this right, but if you need something brought to houston i will be there next thursday night.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Would insurance cover something like that?

Comment

Probably, if I had full coverage. I rock liability on this bitch, like a fool.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Ah, bummer. I've had a tire come apart on me on the freeway, but it luckily didn't do any damage. Sucks.

Comment

Where'd you find that bumper? Seems like a steal.

Comment

if one has the coverage, insurance would take care of everything minus the tire itself.

the tire was the part that failed and would not be covered.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                Where'd you find that bumper? Seems like a steal.

Fuck yea it's a steal. Hell, some places want $2,000 for a front bumper. I've bought running and driving cars for less than that.

I asked why he couldn't get it in flat rather than diamond plate and he said the diamond hides all the imperfections in the welds and cuts, and that I wouldn't like it in flat. Apparently he doesn't make them, he's just a middle guy. I may go ahead and get it, even though I think diamond plate is hideous. I can just drive out there, and avoid a $200 shipping cost that comes with any other bumper.

I really really liked this guys stuff..

...and at $550 it seems like a smoking deal. But, after adding rectangle holes for the factory fog lights, and horizontal slits for the intercooler it quickly turned into a $825 bumper plus $200 freight. Doubling the price of an affordable bumper. (and thats in bare metal)
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Shit little ni66er, that sucks. Shoulda called me

Comment

Sooo...... you want to fuck your life and some paint guy in Houston?

JK dude, that sucks! Did something like that 3-4 months ago and FUCK!!!!
                    Ded

Comment

Wait, tread comes off and the truck didn't roll and crash in a fiery ball? I am so confused.

Comment

If you are a true badass, you could grind each little diamond down on the bumper. Then it would be smooth and you could have it powdercoated.

Comment

Would this kind of stuff work to cover the damage to the fender?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            If you are a true badass, you could grind each little diamond down on the bumper. Then it would be smooth and you could have it powdercoated.
                            HA! It crossed my mind. I think I'm just gonna get diamond plate, and have it line-xed to take the gloss off.

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                            Would this kind of stuff work to cover the damage to the fender?

http://4wheelonline.com/Fender_Flares.3212
                            Nah, the damage is almost at the hood line.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

New tires are one. Step one done.
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X