Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sell car private party or sell to carmax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
    Carmax lowballed my GTO when I took it for a written offer. 9k

This right after I had left another local dealership with a written offer of 11.25k

I too thought it was going to be the other way around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    Which dealer was this? Anyone ever go to autonation ans see what their buy program is like? I saw it but didn't stop. I know they have a lot of vehicles on their lots over 100k miles and they even have an outlet lot

Comment

Sell it, One sold at one of our Auctions in San Antonio for about $6500 with 122k on the clock. So $7k is fair

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
        Sell it, One sold at one of our Auctions in San Antonio for about $6500 with 122k on the clock. So $7k is fair
        wow.. This is good to know tho, Thanks! I will probably head to carmax tomorrow then since I will get out of a payment and save some $$

Comment

Originally posted by gav91183 View Post
          Which dealer was this? Anyone ever go to autonation ans see what their buy program is like? I saw it but didn't stop. I know they have a lot of vehicles on their lots over 100k miles and they even have an outlet lot
          Corinth Nissan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

In 07 , I sold Carmax my 03 gt that had 120k miles. I think they gave me $7200 which I thought was a fair price. It was rode hard and put up wet. The H-pipe and a few other small things stayed on the car.

Comment

Carmax will give you wholesale, which is about Rough Trade-In on NADA/KBB

I have bought/sold close to 100 cars, and typically now days wholesale is going to be about what people are paying, unless you have something super clean or desireable. I say list it on CL through the weekend and see if you get any bites. Shit gets bumped quick on CL so list in the morning, then DELETE the old ad and repost in the afternoon. If it is going to sell, you will get hits quickly.

Looking on Ebay there is only one I found with over 100k and it was bid up to $8100.

Comment

If you plan to buy another car at carmax then you would also get a tax break of $437.5 so take that into consideration.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I'll give you 7300

Im in Burleson, and Im a dealer. Pm me if interested

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                    I'll give you 7300

This man is the shit

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                      This man is the shit
                      thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        I'll give you 7300

Fuck carmax, sell it to Buzzo!!!
                        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                          I was wondering this myself, KBB on my 06 charger with 75k miles shows 16k I wonder if Carmax will even come close to that.
                          They gave me $11,500 for my '06 Charger R/T with 86k on it. It had bald tires, some scratches, and a dent in the frame. It had been wrecked by the PO, and had a clean carfax so I didn't know till after I bought it. I had it listed on CL for about 5 weeks and got tired of people wanting to trade ragged caprices and crown vics for it. Didn't take too much of a loss on it, but still sucked. KBB on it was $14,500 private sell.

-Eric
                          Last edited by reo; 07-06-2012, 10:48 AM. Reason: just cause

Comment

If you're taking your car to Carmax, make sure the car has seen a pro detailer first.

Comment

Think Carmax would buy an 88 bronco with alot of the clearcoat gone on the hood and roof?

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                                If you're taking your car to Carmax, make sure the car has seen a pro detailer first.
                                why do you say that? My car is pretty damn clean! I already have a written offer from them, not like it would go up

Comment

Working...
                                X