Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sell car private party or sell to carmax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sell car private party or sell to carmax?

Im looking to sell my car and got a decent offer on my car but I think it is worth at least trying to sell it on my own. Has anyone else weighed this option?Is it worth trying to sell a car for MAYBE a few extra thousand $$ if sold quickly? Otherwise I may wind up at where I would have been if I just sold it to carmax

Anyone ever sell to Autonation?
    Last edited by gav91183; 07-05-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

If two months will break even I would say it isn't worth it... if you could sit on it for several more months then maybe but without knowing anything about the car or offer i'd say carmax
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
        If two months will break even I would say it isn't worth it... if you could sit on it for several more months then maybe but without knowing anything about the car or offer i'd say carmax
        its my 2002 trans am ws6 with 114500 miles, 6 spd, new Jasper rear end/AC compressor/Shocks/Struts, Newer Tires.. I think it's pretty damn clean

They offered me 7K for it, trade it at a dealer was 4500!!! I said F-that!

Comment

I'd probably take the 7k and go on about my biz

Comment

I wouldn't. The 02 M6 F bodies are still bringing good money.

Comment

I was wondering this myself, KBB on my 06 charger with 75k miles shows 16k I wonder if Carmax will even come close to that.

Comment

Trade you an 03 svt focus.

Comment

hell if we are making offers, I'll trade ya an '02 Avalanche

Comment

I may post it on craigslist for the 7 days and bring it to carmax on the 7th day.. my brother says im an idiot, take the money and run so nothing breaks lol

Comment

hell if we are making offers, I'll trade ya an '02 Avalanche
                      I'll trade you an 03 SVT Focus

Comment

HAHAHA was looking for something with better gas and save some money. Still owe a little bit on the WS6

Comment

Originally Posted by 2165 Turbo Rail
                          Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                          I wouldn't. The 02 M6 F bodies are still bringing good money.
                          hijacked!

Comment

Carmax lowballed my GTO when I took it for a written offer. 9k

This right after I had left another local dealership with a written offer of 11.25k

I too thought it was going to be the other way around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

To answer your question

If you post a very detailed ad with 8 full size pictures and your cell phone number you should expect to sell the car in 3-4 weeks. Now that can differ, the last two cars I posted on Craigslist literally sold in two days however they were clean cars under 5 grand with working ac. For a niche car with a reasonable asking price expect 3-4 weeks.

7 grand is a good price for an m6 car with working ac. You should not have a problem selling it for $7k. Also when selling a car private party I always assume that I can automatically take $500 off of the asking price. Of the 15 cars I've bought and sold I always get $500 off asking price or sell for $500 under my asking price. So List it for $7500, if some one calls you immediately stay firm on price, if it takes a few days to get a call then you can let them haggle for that $500
                              Last edited by 4king; 07-05-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X