Need cables run in wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need cables run in wall

Anyone on the board do cable drops for a living? I want the cables run for my security camera system but it looks like its going to be a pain so I want someone with the right tools to come do it

4 cameras and all I need is the wires run, everything else is already set up and working

I pay in cash, beer, food.
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

I have access to some guys with a cabling company at work. I am positive one of them would be willing to do some after hours work. Not board members so they will want $ for doing it. They are all good people so no worries on that piece.

PM me your number and I can ask and get one to call and bid it out for ya if you want.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
        Anyone on the board do cable drops for a living? I want the cables run for my security camera system but it looks like its going to be a pain so I want someone with the right tools to come do it

4 cameras and all I need is the wires run, everything else is already set up and working

I pay in cash, beer, food.
        I installed all 4 outdoor cameras on my own. I cut a hole in the wall for the box and ran the wires down until I could reach in and feel them, then grabbed a wire coat hanger and I was done...shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes tops but in the heat, that attic is going to be a killer

I have never installed cameras before this, so yeah, not too hard unless you just don’t feel like doing it; that I can understand as sometimes I would rather just pay someone
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I would help you out if it wasn't the middle of the summer. I still have my old pushrods and pulling devices for cabling and what not from my previous A/V life lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post

I have never installed cameras before this, so yeah, not too hard unless you just don’t feel like doing it; that I can understand as sometimes I would rather just pay someone
            This

I have a two story and the garage is a single story attached to the back of the house. Trying to get to the eaves and down to the garage looks like an ass whoopin. I could do the front fairly easily but the rest will be too much of a pain for this lazy ass

I even have the fiber rods from when we installed the TV in the living room but still too much of a pain

Comment

I drilled a hole on the overhang from outside, ran a wire coat hanger up in the attic which means it extended past the hole (less stretching required). Went up in the attic where the coat hanger is not sticking up (easy to locate the hole too) taped the wire with connector parallel to the coat hanger, ensuring tape covers everything so it will not hang up anywhere. Then went back outside and pulled the coat hanger slowly back out of the hole and what do ya know, my wire was still attached.

Installed the cameras, attached the BNC and went back in the attic and pulled a little slack out of the wire, then went around the outside and filled the hole with white silicone and I was done....

Probably save you some money and give you some beer and tacos to eat after your done...lol

Summer time means $$$$$ChooChoo$$$ for someone to get up there for you... I lost about 10lbs of water in the couple of hours I was up there. I woke up early around 8 just to get a head start on it before the heat set in...
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I ran some wiring in the attack last Summer because I was so determined I just wanted it done. My IR thermometer said it was 150 degrees. I had my wife standing by to check on me every few minutes to make sure I was alright. I don't think I would try that again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  I ran some wiring in the attack last Summer because I was so determined I just wanted it done. My IR thermometer said it was 150 degrees. I had my wife standing by to check on me every few minutes to make sure I was alright. I don't think I would try that again though.
                  That's no joke. I had to run some wires through the attic and relocate my garage door opener to a different wall a couple weeks ago. I started around 8 am and it was already getting hot up there. By the end of the work I was sweating buckets. I drank a half gallon of water while I was doing the work and was still getting dehydrated.

Comment

I'll never install security cameras again!

Comment

Working...
                    X