Shoe/Sneaker Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoe/Sneaker Experts

I will be working an event later this month that will require me to stand on my feet around 18 hours per day....4 days strait

Anyone got an recommendations on what brand of shoes sells something comfortable that will not my feet hurt too much at the end of the day?

I tried Nike shox and reebok walking shoes but by the end of the day I feel like I'm walking around with no shoes and in pain....T.I.A
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Have you tried any new balance? Nike shox work pretty well for me as do New Balance. For boots I go with Doc Martin Wellingtons. I am as flat footed as they come, I believe some New Balance stores measure and suggest what would work for you.

Comment

I'd say Doc Martins too. I know several people that are on their feet all day and swear by that brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Born shoes are pretty damn comfortable.

Comment

Nike shox are horrible shoes all around.

If you are set of a pair of athletic shoes go to one of the running specific stores and have them fit a pair to you. Asics, brooks, and saucony is a good place to start.

Also most factory insoles have very little heel and arch support so consider an aftermarket set. I use the superfeet blues, but just pick what fits your foot and type of activity.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
              Nike shox are horrible shoes all around.

If you are set of a pair of athletic shoes go to one of the running specific stores and have them fit a pair to you. Asics, brooks, and saucony is a good place to start.

Also most factory insoles have very little heel and arch support so consider an aftermarket set. I use the superfeet blues, but just pick what fits your foot and type of activity.
              I was going to recommend Saucony as well.

Comment

My uncle is a painter and walks and stands all day. he swears by Redwing shoes.

Comment

I had a pair of ecco's i wore while in a summer in Europe, where you walk and stand everywhere. Loved em. They were wore the hell out by the time i got back from so much use.

Comment

I knew I would get a good place to start looking ..
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

gonna be a bitch to get them broken in before the event.

Comment

don't buy running or walking shoes for all day standing. They are meant for their specific activity. Hell athletic shoes in general are meant for short periods of wear.

Go to a Redwing store and buy some good work shoes/boots. Or the cheaper route you can find Eccos, etc.

Comment

i work weekends twice a year. so from a tues - sunday morning i am on my feet for 15-18hrs a day. i dont care what anyone says, no shoes are comfortable if you are on your feet for that long.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            i work weekends twice a year. so from a tues - sunday morning i am on my feet for 15-18hrs a day. i dont care what anyone says, no shoes are comfortable if you are on your feet for that long.

god bless.
                            Not even blue suede shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              i work weekends twice a year. so from a tues - sunday morning i am on my back for 15-18hrs a day. i dont care what anyone says, no mattress is comfortable if you are on your back for that long.

god bless.
                              Detailing cars?

Comment

Working...
                              X