Another police shoots dog thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gnturboray View Post
    Hey Frost if they are in pursuit of a suspect they have the right to hop fences. And I do feel bad for the owners of the dog but the officers didn't let the dog out, the dog was running free in the neighborhood because of the felons.

I have two dogs a yellow lab and a dobie and I keep my gates locked so that someone can't simply open it and let the dogs out when they're back there.

I would love to see one of you dumbasses crack off a shot at an officer while he's chasing someone through your yard. You'd be a dead some bitch!
    After a few cops get shot for shit like this they might think twice about shooting people's animals. Until then, they won't because the cops can and know that there is no recourse. Shoot a few piggies for killing someone's dog and they'd definitely think twice. I'm not advocating citizens to shoot police, but I'm certainly advocating that the police respect the citizens rights to not have their livelihood fucked up by some fuck-ass cop who chooses to take the easy way out and dump a magazine into fido.

Comment

...the dog was running free in the neighborhood because of the felons.
      Might as well shoot it! If a citizen shoots a dog running around the neighborhood, he'll face charges. If a cop does it, he probably gets a pat on the back at the station.

Comment

Thank the Lord that I live in an area where I do. Locks on fences too.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I would love to see one of you dumbasses crack off a shot at an officer while he's chasing someone through your yard. You'd be a dead some bitch!
          With that attitude, I hope you don't take that cute little pistol of yours to a rifle fight.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
            Dog must have had cropped ears... okay maybe it was a pitbull... okay maybe just cause it was black.

Sad story ... shot 4 times
            Man I dont even like dogs and that is a fucked up scene, very sad...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Man I dont even like dogs and that is a fucked up scene, very sad...
              And now you have two old people who respected cops all their lives mistrust them for the rest of it. Cops will do nothing to make them whole, the city will blow it off and the family will have to bury their pet and try to move on.

Fucking assholes, buy them a dog of their choice, send it to school to be trained and send the family some flowers with an apology.

Oh wait, that's treating citizens like they're people that you took something from
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Might just be me, but I wouldn't want them to buy me another dog. That's like saying "Oh, we shot your kid, but here is a new one that we picked up for you from Africa." Someone intentionally hurts my dog and I'm going to be revisiting those pyro tendencies I had in my youth in some sort of creatively vengeful manner.

Comment

Oh, and I love the fact that it is now their fault for not having a padlock on their gate. Some of you guys are depressingly moronic.

Comment

Most people are dog lovers. If it were a pet cat most of you would just laugh it off and say it was a stupid effing cat. I'm not saying it was right, but I have no trouble recognizing a pet for what it is. Perhaps they should have foot pursuit rules to go along with the car pursuit rules? Wait... Hell no.

Btw, FTP.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Might just be me, but I wouldn't want them to buy me another dog. That's like saying "Oh, we shot your kid, but here is a new one that we picked up for you from Africa." Someone intentionally hurts my dog and I'm going to be revisiting those pyro tendencies I had in my youth in some sort of creatively vengeful manner.
                      You misunderstand. I'm not saying I wouldn't exact my own justice for killing a family member, but it would show the city was trying. Bonus points if the cop himself, came to them with flowers and an apology.

"Sir, ma'am, I am deeply sorry I shot your dog. It was a heat of the moment thing and I make no excuses. However I am sorry. Please accept these flowers as a symbol of my personal feelings of responsibility. I ask for you to forgive me for taking your family member from you."

Humility and responsibility goes a long way

Comment

If your first attempt at fending off a dog that size is to shoot it four times, you are a pussy, and you don't need to be carrying a gun or a badge. That's what it comes down to. There are plenty of great cops. Sadly, there are also a lot of pussies who need a gun and a badge to make them feel like a real man.

So you're chasing a bad guy and a dog comes running at you barking. If you're truly scared that it's gonna bite you before you can get away, give it ONE swift kick. It's a dog, not a grizzly bear or a lion. Heck, that one doesn't even appear to have cropped ears.

Comment

Looks a lot like my dog actually, which is why I'm probably even more pissed at the pointlessness of this than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            If your first attempt at fending off a dog that size is to shoot it four times, you are a pussy, and you don't need to be carrying a gun or a badge. That's what it comes down to. There are plenty of great cops. Sadly, there are also a lot of pussies who need a gun and a badge to make them feel like a real man.

So you're chasing a bad guy and a dog comes running at you barking. If you're truly scared that it's gonna bite you before you can get away, give it ONE swift kick. It's a dog, not a grizzly bear or a lion. Heck, that one doesn't even appear to have cropped ears.
                            Exactly. Especially since I doubt the cop put 4 bullets in the dog at a dead run. If he can stop to shoot, he can boot the pup and keep going. Family is pissed a cop kicked their dog, but the dog is alive and an apology and personal responsibility goes a long way.

Comment

You will never see that guy admit he was wrong.
                              I have yet to meet a cop that didn't have an underlying 'Judge Dredd' persona.

Hell, I can't remember seeing a cop here post were they were wrong.

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                                Might as well shoot it! If a citizen shoots a dog running around the neighborhood, he'll face charges. If a cop does it, he probably gets a pat on the back at the station.
                                Not true.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X