Anyone here own a Yeti Ice chest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here own a Yeti Ice chest?

My brother put one on order as a gift for me. I am amazed that they have not figured out the whole wheel thing yet.

Do you own one? What are your thoughts about it?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4RnqT0U[/ame]

I think Matt (03trublugt) has or has used one
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It's one of the best coolers you can buy.

We took one to the Outer Banks last summer and we packed it up with fresh ice on the way home. It spent two days on the road (1,400+ miles) in over 100 degree weather and it was still rockin' cold when we got home.

While $350 is a LOT for a cooler, you have to realize that it will last over a decade and it will save you more than the cost of the cooler in ice over it's lifetime.

Comment

if im gonna be anywhere for 8 days, its gonna have a fridge and a shower.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
          And hand sanitizer and baby wipes!
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

Can't see your license plate, copper!!!!1!

Comment

I have a small one; best cooler EVER!
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Those things rock. My best friend has a giant one.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I don't see what's so special about them. What kind of moron spends that kind of money on a cooler, that holds ice no better than a cheap ass Coleman or Igloo?
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I don't see what's so special about them. What kind of moron spends that kind of money on a cooler, that holds ice no better than a cheap ass Coleman or Igloo?
                    I don't understand either. I've got both a Coleman and Igloo that are over ten years and still do the trick. Granted, neither one gets a whole heck of a lot of use, but even so, I'd rather spend $40 every five years than $350 every ten or twenty.

Comment

you of all people should understand the quality and performance differences between similar looking things
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

When you are deep in the woods or 100 nautical miles offshore you just can't get ice, you have to depend on the cooler to do a good job.

I've gone through about 8 coolers in the last 10 years. I have a 5 day Coleman right now with busted hinges that I'm about to throw away.

Comment

It's one of the best coolers you can buy.

We took one to the Outer Banks last summer and we packed it up with fresh ice on the way home. It spent two days on the road (1,400+ miles) in over 100 degree weather and it was still rockin' cold when we got home.

[
                          While $350 is a LOT for a cooler, you have to realize that it will last over a decade and it will save you more than the cost of the cooler in ice over it's lifetime.

I like your locking system. We found a 50 qt Tundra for $255.00

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                            I fucking laughed, so true Paul!

Comment

When you are deep in the woods or 100 nautical miles offshore you just can't get ice, you have to depend on the cooler to do a good job.

I've gone through about 8 coolers in the last 10 years. I have a 5 day Coleman right now with busted hinges that I'm about to throw away.
                              Ok, so, it has 2" of insulation, and the lid gasket, but the video posted above proves it doesn't hold ice any better than anything else out there. I'm all about quality when it comes to food related stuff, but it's a fucking box that holds ice, not a refrigerator, or a range, grill, etc. You can't convince me that the $200+ difference is anything more than a sucker tax. Props to Yeti, though. They saw a market for suckers, and are making the most of it, and making retarded margins while they are doing it.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X