Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need to find an inexpensive reliable car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to find an inexpensive reliable car.

I know, I know. Hard to find, but I'm in a bind and need to find a car that is reliable and in decent shape for 3-4k. It has to be a 4 door, I was thinking a 98-2001 jeep cherokee sport 2wd, cheap easy to fix, and the 4.0l engines can last a long time so i figured that would be a pretty good deal. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Randy

I think honda civic is the dfwm default for this one.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

my buddy has a 03 malibu on his lot, or a minivan. Both are good cars, and under your price range.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I would do a honda accord. Civic is to small inside
        2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

i wouldn't get an old cherokee, but that is just me. I would go with a civic, accord, or camry

Comment

Jeep reliable?

Go to default and get an accord or Camry

Comment

I've got a 2001 cherokee 4wd AT. It's very reliable and easy to fix, although gas mileage is not all that great.

Every time I try to sell it I change my mind. I friggin love my jeep, so it's worth the extra gas.

These first two rat posted are excellent buys.

i wish I would have gotten mine in that price range.... :sadface:

Comment

3k but on the weekend you can cruise around with top down with talisman and Elvis.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                  I've got a 2001 cherokee 4wd AT. It's very reliable and easy to fix, although gas mileage is not all that great.

Every time I try to sell it I change my mind. I friggin love my jeep, so it's worth the extra gas.

i wish I would have gotten mine in that price range.... :sadface:
                  I'm not too worried about gas mileage, right now with the crap ive done to my charger i have to run premium unleaded, and i get MAYBE 16mpg highway so saving about .40 a gallon and getting about the same gas for me isnt that big a deal its just that extra 400 a month plus the full coverage ins. im paying I was looking at that burgandy one it's nicer than i thought it looked last night, silver one is a nice one too but a lot more miles... I know the 4.0L pretty well, i never had a problem with it minus the header, and there was that one time the throttle body god stuck on wide open as i was getting on the highway. Outside of that it was great. I will mod it a little to get some more in the way of HP and MPG but it wont be messed with much.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/3037458149.html

3k but on the weekend you can cruise around with top down with talisman and Elvis.
                  Would them two fit piled into each other's lap though... cause if they can IM IN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                    finder's fee say whaa..

Comment

Lol at very first link. Automatic 4 cylinder inline 6
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                        Lol at very first link. Automatic 4 cylinder inline 6
                        Yeah i saw that too.... wonder if i can talk him down because its only a 4cyl??

Comment

Ok so the burgundy one is a nogo, its apparently been wrecked before and theres another listing, you can see some body panels not matching, IE front end collision of some sort

Comment

Is anyone selling or does anyone have links to 97-04 f150s in the same price range. I need to get a truck, especially after my car crapped out.

Comment

Working...
                            X