Not the best business choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the best business choices

Chopperworks custom motorcycle shop owner on the run from Outlaw MC's as liquidation leaves them out of pocket up to $2m

Posted by BikersPost on June 29, 2012 at 10:36am in Motorcycle News
    View Discussions

A MOTORCYCLE shop owner is on the run after his business collapse allegedly left customers, including prominent bikie club presidents, as much as $2 million out of pocket.

Chopperworks owner Jeffrey Brian Richardson, 42, and his family have fled their Chermside West home after claiming a man visited a relative on Monday night threatening them with the arrival of an interstate hitman.

Customers left in the lurch include senior figures from the Hells Angels, Rebels and Bandidos outlaw motorcycle clubs.

Among them is Gold Coast Bandidos president Sava Cvetkovic, who is said to have been a calming influence on a number of bikies furious at being ripped off.

The Courier-Mail understands Chopperworks allegedly sold as many as 30 custom motorcycles, worth around $70,000 each, it held in its showroom without telling customers.

"It's not so much the money they care about, it's the principle," a source said. "They want their bikes."

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...works-custom-m...
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

not sure I copy. He sold bikes out of his showroom that someone else had already paid for?

Comment

And promised to build bikes, took the money and....didn't deliver. From Hells Angels and Banditos. Oh, and the servers the invoices were on went missing too

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post

Among them is Gold Coast Bandidos president Sava Cvetkovic, who is said to have been a calming influence on a number of bikies furious at being ripped off.
        I bet those bikies are pissed.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

And promised to build bikes, took the money and....didn't deliver. From Hells Angels and Banditos. Oh, and the servers the invoices were on went missing too

sounds like he will be meat on a stick soon...

Comment

Chopperworks custom motorcycle shop owner on the run from Outlaw MC's as liquidation leaves them out of pocket up to $2m
            $2,000? Big deal.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

That dude is FUCKED! I've heard about this for a while now. Better him than me!
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Sounds like alot of dirty money was used to pay for thosebikes

Comment

PANPA News Destination of the Year

Chopperworks custom motorcycle shop owner on the run from bikies as liquidation leaves them out of pocket up to $2m

by: Josh Robertson

A MOTORCYCLE shop owner is on the run after his business collapse allegedly left customers, including prominent bikie club presidents, as much as $2 million out of pocket.

Chopperworks owner Jeffrey Brian Richardson, 42, and his family have fled their Chermside West home after claiming a man visited a relative on Monday night threatening them with the arrival of an interstate hitman.

Customers left in the lurch include senior figures from the Hells Angels, Rebels and Bandidos outlaw motorcycle clubs.

The Courier-Mail understands Chopperworks allegedly sold as many as 30 custom motorcycles, worth around $70,000 each, it held in its showroom without telling customers.

"It's not so much the money they care about, it's the principle," a source said. "They want their bikes."

Business associates left handling Chopperworks' affairs since Mr Richardson declared insolvency and appointed liquidators on Tuesday have been peppered with death threats in more than 100 phone calls.

A senior Bandido from Canberra reportedly obtained his motorcycle after threatening to shatter the glass shopfront of Chopperworks' Albion shop by firing ball bearings from a gun.

A Queensland police detective and security guards accompanied staff from liquidator Vincents Chartered Accountants who took stock of Chopperworks' remaining inventory at Albion yesterday.

Vincents' Peter Dinoris said a number of motorcycles had been released to customers who were able to prove ownership but many more were out of pocket after paying for work that wasn't carried out.

"It doesn't look like there's a substantial amount of assets there," he said.

Liquidators are trying to piece together Chopperworks' accounts through invoices after its computer server disappeared.

Security records allegedly show Mr Richardson, who has Chopperworks' franchises in Emerald and Canberra, left the Albion shop on Tuesday morning after the locks were changed and keys mailed to the liquidator.

Mr Dinoris said Vincents had been unable to contact Mr Richardson or his family since.

Comment

FTP!!! This wouldn't be a job for them...oh wait.

Comment

Guy played with fire, and now he is going to get burned.

Comment

They had the bikes on consignment. Sold them and never paid the owners.

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                        not sure I copy. He sold bikes out of his showroom that someone else had already paid for?

Comment

Working...
                        X