No announcement yet.

Back to real estate agents ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6%= 1.5% selling agent + 1.5% selling broker + 1.5% buyer agent + 1.5% buyer broker

I know there are good agents/brokers out there but most imo are just a srep above a used car salesman. And yes, I'm sure there are good used car sales people out there, I just haven't come across any. If you find a good agent, don't waste their time. Nobody makes any money until a property is actually sold, so there is a lot of goofin' around without actually making money.

Texas Real Estate Commission is the place that licenses them. I'd complain to them and the listing agents broker. Do it in writing.

This Nate fella sounds like he would take care of business. Word of mouth is gold!
    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      It most definitely is shit when it is the difference between the deal moving or not moving.
      I think he is implying that the $50,000 doesn't hurt the agent's commission as much as it hurts your wallet.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I have been using Nate for shopping around. He actually turned in my low ball bid on a house and we both were suprised they took it. Now we are negotiating a few repairs and will be on our way. I only had to taze his ass twice.

I was lucky when I sold my house that the neighbor behind me, whos wife is a realtor, walked across the alley and asked me if I was ready to sell. His wife punched up all the paperwork at no cost. Nate reviewed it for free and said go to go. I signed it and the house was sold. Nate just wanted to see the paperwork to make sure I wasnt getting screwed on anything.

Oh and if Nate yells at you something is wrong. He is for a sure a laid back guy.

Oh yeah and Trey SVT is awsome on the money end.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
          I can sure pick'em

Listed my house / shop / acreage 1st week of Feb
          Send me the details, please. I'm house-shopping right now. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            I think he is implying that the $50,000 doesn't hurt the agent's commission as much as it hurts your wallet.
            I know what he means. On the agents side the $50K can mean the difference between zero commission and several thousand dollars. Zero being what the agent gets if the house doesn't trade.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

lol, someone yells at me while I'm employing them and they are going to be very quickly unemployed. Especially some bottom feeder real estate agent.

I also used Nate when I sold my house and he is a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                You bring up a bunch of great points. The big one to remember also, is those points are their pay. Even if you negotiate it way low - that's not always in your best interest if they are not making fair compensation on your home. Realtors jump through some major hoops to get stuff done - if there are complications during a home sale/purchase.

Hell, mine ended up more or less PM'ing the sale. There were basically 4 agents involved. The agent from my sellers, my buyer's agent, my buyer's relo agent (in MD) and then him (my agent). He was the only one keeping the flow going through surprises and such. It was a crappy situation.
                I've not seen that in dealing with the last 6 realtors. I would rate them lower than used car salesman, because you can buy a used car from an individual, and get a carfax. Their guarding entries into MLS is organized crime, and several I've dealt with I would have thought were working for the buyer, and there stupidity cost them money as well.

I've not had good luck with realtors. I will try Nate next time.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I tried to get 3 other "agents" before Nate. He was the only one to actually do anything at all. That's a hell of a statement.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I trusted Nate to show my wife half a dozen plus houses while I was in Afghanistan. 2 months later when I came home I had to throw her down the stairs and handed her a coat hanger. I like the house he sold us and we are still in it. Another vote for Nate. Just watch him like a hawk.

HAHAHAHA
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      I've not seen that in dealing with the last 6 realtors. I would rate them lower than used car salesman, because you can buy a used car from an individual, and get a carfax. Their guarding entries into MLS is organized crime, and several I've dealt with I would have thought were working for the buyer, and there stupidity cost them money as well.

I've not had good luck with realtors. I will try Nate next time.
                      Okay, a GOOD realtor will do all of those things.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                      X