Pool Cues - Where to Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centexchick View Post
    It also helps that she can use her side boob as another bridge!!!
    I used to play with a chick that positioned her cue between her massive breasts. I never figured out how she could shoot so consistently like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
      I used to play with a chick that positioned her cue between her massive breasts. I never figured out how she could shoot so consistently like that.
      Mine always got in the way....I would wear a sports bra to keep them closer....lol...

Man I miss playing on our local APA teams.....Maybe when the kids (lmao) are older......and I can still stay up late at night.....

On a bright note, I found 20 dollars in quarters in my pool bag the other day!! Wohoo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
        Originally posted by centexchick View Post
        Mine always got in the way....I would wear a sports bra to keep them closer....lol...

Man I miss playing on our local APA teams.....Maybe when the kids (lmao) are older......and I can still stay up late at night.....

On a bright note, I found 20 dollars in quarters in my pool bag the other day!! Wohoo!!
        This sounds a helluva alot better than shooting a game with ThreeFingerPete. If I'm gonna get my ass whipped, some scenery would be nice.

Comment

Why are you guys putting different brand shafts on the cue?

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
            Why are you guys putting different brand shafts on the cue?
            Deflection, son. Deflection.

Maintain control of the deflection of the shaft and you maintain consistency of the cue. The main variable that you are trying to harness once you gain control of your deflection is yourself.

Once you have figured yourself out, then you can whoop someone at pool with a broom handle that's been leaning against the wall of an island beach hut for 15 years.

Comment

Most shafts will have only a few layers. A good shaft will have multiple layers causing it to flex a bit more cause less deflection.

You can have the best cue in the world though, but it isn't going to help you if you don't understand the basics..
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I shoot with a predator sneaky pete, a piece of shit "Fury" cue (it's pink with skulls on it) and I have a mcdermott that I break with.

Buy something like a mcdermott or viking. I would avoid anything cheaper than $200ish.

Comment

Whats the difference between a cue you break with and one you don't break with?

<--- rarely ever shoots pool.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    Most shafts will have only a few layers. A good shaft will have multiple layers causing it to flex a bit more.

You can have the best cue in the world but it isn't going to help you if you don't understand the basics..
                    The best part about having your own cue is that it helps remove variables from the game. While youre developing, it's a lot easier when you can focus on making your shots, the table, and your leave / game plan

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post

Depends on how hard you break

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post

I don't break with my shooting stick because it wears my tip down faster. I used to break with a heavy sledge hammer of a cue with a phenolic tip and ferrule, but I recently switched to a jump/break cue with a bakelite tip. With the phenolics and the bakelites, you can beat the shit out of your cue with very little maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                          The best part about having your own cue is that it helps remove variables from the game. While youre developing, it's a lot easier when you can focus on making your shots, the table, and your leave / game plan
                          Thanks for the info...........
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                            Most shafts will have only a few layers. A good shaft will have multiple layers causing it to flex a bit more cause less deflection.

You can have the best cue in the world though, but it isn't going to help you if you don't understand the basics..

Laminated shafts were the latest technology a few decades ago. They were a vast improvement over the old school hard maple one piece shafts. They cut down on deflection and flex, while keeping what flex and deflection they had to a more consistent nature.

Meucci went for the flat lamination whereas most others use a pie cut lamination. Meucci's black dot, for instance, requires you to have the black dot facing up for consistency. However, the left/right flex will differ from the top/bottom flex.

The latest in technology is an improvement over the laminated.

The G-core shaft and HXT shaft are both guaranteed against warpage.

Fiberglass shafts are even better at it that wood, but there is absolutely zero resale value in them.

All of our personal sticks (McDermott) will continue to gain value, as long as we care for them properly.

Comment

I have had my cue for 10+ years and is in 99% same shape as when I bought it. I doubt it's worth more than what I paid for it though. lol

Comment

Ask Rosco...

Comment

Working...
                                X