Pool Cues - Where to Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    I haven't played seriously since the last time that we played.
    well, i might stand a chance, then!

Comment

I have a cue. I kinda like it. A friend of mine made this for me, so it's no Joss by any stretch....

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        I have a cue. I kinda like it. A friend of mine made this for me, so it's no Joss by any stretch....

Very nice!
        Can you zoom in on a name near the points or on the shaft?

Comment

I just use the sticks in the wall racks.
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
            Very nice!
            Can you zoom in on a name near the points or on the shaft?
            No names near the points or shafts, but I have had a few others that did have names on the points.. I think...

Last edited by Roscoe; 06-28-2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

LMAO, Rosco...

I was wondering when this post would come.

Comment

LOL @ Roscoe. Way to pull your punches.

If you see me playing, stop by and say Hello.

Comment

I would say a McDermott for a great starter cue that you can Play at a high level with when/if yoy get there. If you decide you want to spend more $$, I have a Muecci and a schon I may sell. I would recommend a 12.75-13mm shaft. I prefer 12.75.

I don't buy into LD shafts, kamui chalk/tips or any of that. Triangle tip and masters for me.
                  Vortex rear stand $75
                  8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                  My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                  11 4 door
                  13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

My main cue is a McDermott (21 oz), it's a tank and I've used it for over 15 years. My Meucci (18 oz) is more about finesse and great for english. I also have a William Hoppe in mint condition that was passed down from my grandfather to my dad to me. It doesn't see much table time anymore, but it's a fantastic cue.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was shooting all of the time, I used one of two cues. My first real cue was a viking. I absolutely loved it. I prefer a lighter stick and this one was 18 oz IIRC. As I started improving, I started stumbling on some money games. I came across a sneaky pete that I decided I had to have, it was a McDermott and I love it, other than the fact that it is a little heavy for my liking it is 21 oz IIRC and solid so I can't change the weight. I unfortunately shattered the shaft on my viking. I had a little too much Jack one night and bounced the tip off of the table pretty hard and that was that. I've been wanting to pick up another shaft for it, however, with the current shape my back is in, the few times I've tried to play, I haven't been able to lean over a table like I used to, those tough far reaching shots are near impossible now. If there was a decent pool hall near Greenville (the town not AVE) I would try and get back into it. All that is available right now are shitty bar boxes.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        When I was shooting all of the time, I used one of two cues. My first real cue was a viking. I absolutely loved it. I prefer a lighter stick and this one was 18 oz IIRC. As I started improving, I started stumbling on some money games. I came across a sneaky pete that I decided I had to have, it was a McDermott and I love it, other than the fact that it is a little heavy for my liking it is 21 oz IIRC and solid so I can't change the weight. I unfortunately shattered the shaft on my viking. I had a little too much Jack one night and bounced the tip off of the table pretty hard and that was that. I've been wanting to pick up another shaft for it, however, with the current shape my back is in, the few times I've tried to play, I haven't been able to lean over a table like I used to, those tough far reaching shots are near impossible now. If there was a decent pool hall near Greenville (the town not AVE) I would try and get back into it. All that is available right now are shitty bar boxes.
                        There's a weight bolt in the ass end of that McDermott sneaky pete.

Comment

Well, for the past couple days I've been playing with a Lucasi and have enjoyed it. I ended up ordering a Lucasi L-D8.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                            There's a weight bolt in the ass end of that McDermott sneaky pete.
                            I'll have to check again but im fairly certain that this one is solid wood. The rubber cue end screws strait into the shaft. Unless there is a wooden plug...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              I'll have to check again but im fairly certain that this one is solid wood. The rubber cue end screws strait into the shaft. Unless there is a wooden plug...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
                              Underneath the rubber bumper you should find an allen-headed screw, this screw is a certain weight and can be replaced.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

dont believe the hype.

god bless.
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X