Pool Cues - Where to Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool Cues - Where to Start

So, i've been playing pool a little more than usual and I ended up playing with a buddies cue. I don't know if it was a complete mental thing, but I definitely played better, his is a Lucasi.

This would be my first pool cue and i'm not playing competitively. I'm just looking for a nice cue that'll be consistent in the 100-200 range.

There's so many options out there... where do I begin?

With a tree..

Comment

I have two Players cues left with the HXT shaft going for $120.

These are a low deflection shaft with a good quality ferrule and Kamui Black layered tip.

Most wood shafts are one solid piece and have the natural characteristics of any solid piece of wood. This means that the grains of the wood will allow for more deflection in one direction than others. This is why old timers would put a dot on their shaft to remind them to keep the stick in a certain orientation before making their shot.

With a low deflection shaft the tip will not move around as much on the cue ball when making your shot. It will also deflect exactly the same in every direction.

McDermott has the G-core shaft which is very similar in design. Jenn's game became A LOT more consistent when she started shooting with her G-core.

Comment

They call me Billiard Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          With a tree..
          Not if you want a good one.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Bob Meucci Custom...

Ill send over a couple in a bit.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
              Jenn's game became A LOT more consistent when she started shooting with her G-core.
              was excited for a minute thinking this was going to say Jenn's ... G-spot... and include picters!!!

Comment

McDermott.

Comment

Jenn's game became A LOT more consistent when she started shooting with her G-core.
                  Fucking HOT!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have always used CueTec cues with Thunderbolt shafts. Not too pricey and they are great quality cues.
                    01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Just buy a predator and put a sniper tip on it and call it a day. Its pricey, but no need to upgrade again. Lucasi with a predator shaft is my second choice.

Comment

I went from a vintage Meucci with an original Predator 314 shaft to the McDermott with the G-core shaft and haven't looked back.

They retail starting at $245, but are worth it. I've been curious about the HXTs, but I haven't shot with one. I'm not a big fan of their designs. I like a stained wood without a bunch of flashiness and inlays. This is what I currently shoot with. http://www.mcdermottcue.com/g210.php

My predator was warped ever so slightly, so I developed a bad habit of getting distracted by my cue. There's a definite improvement in consistency when you can focus fully on the shot, without worrying about deflection or warpage.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                          I went from a vintage Meucci with an original Predator 314 shaft to the McDermott with the G-core shaft and haven't looked back.
                          Oh man, keep typing babe....
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

McDermott has the G-core shaft which is very similar in design. Jenn's game became A LOT more consistent when she started shooting with her G-core.
                            It also helps that she can use her side boob as another bridge!!!

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
                              Just buy a predator and put a sniper tip on it and call it a day. Its pricey, but no need to upgrade again. Lucasi with a predator shaft is my second choice.
                              They changed their warranty. They will only guarantee workmanship, they will not cover warping.

Comment

Working...
                              X