What do dealerships do....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do dealerships do....

To prevent damage to their vehicles When a hailstorm is headed their way? Random thought I had
    .....bro....

They have insurance.

Comment

Insurance, or have a "hail damage discount" on the vehicle.
      sigpic

Comment

Damn. So they just let it run its course huh.
        .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
          Other than investing in a shit-ton of bubble wrap, or a huge canopy over the lot, there isn't much to do.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
            they go outside and play catch
            http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Interesting......well. thanks
              .....bro....

Comment

A lot of dealerships are self insured. Take the loss and roll on. I fucking hate hail, ruins a few months for me very year here lately.

Comment

Most will do what they can to get their "expensive" inventory into the shop area if they have one, or put into the showroom. My dad works for Land Rover of Dallas, with this last hail storm they had 30-40 cars hit, they have a parking garage with 2 covered levels and a good deal of shop space, along with 2 covered service drives, they just couldn't get them all under cover fast enough.

When I was working for Fourwheels Autogroup, at Bonham Chrysler, The owner had all kinds of collectors cars or big money exotics that we had to shuffle into covered areas when storms would blow in.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I worked in dealerships for 15 years, they never did anything to avoid hail damage. It's not like they really could,

Comment

All salesmen are required to drive a car to the nearest coin operated carwash and park in a stall until the storm passes.

Comment

we would pull in the high dollar and more rare cars then if room, start working down the list according to price...
                        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          They have insurance.
                          You would be surprised at the amount that don't against hail.
                          Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Many dealers profit from hail when its all said and done.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              Many dealers profit from hail when its all said and done.
                              Sewell Lexus is still trying to close out hail damage on a storm from year ago. They may make money on the repairs but it is taking a long time get paid.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X