First '13 Cobra Jet headed to Sam Pack Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First '13 Cobra Jet headed to Sam Pack Ford

Anyone know which one? If it's the one in NRH i may have to swing by and check it out. Its black and supercharged. I think these are some of the coolest cars to come out in a very very long time.
    2011 Mustang GT
    sigpic

I like everything about them except that stupid Cobra graphic on the side.

Comment

what makes it any different from the 2012 besides the body?
      HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
        what makes it any different from the 2012 besides the body?
        The suspension is set up specifically for 1/4 mile, as is the chassis in general. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but they aren't street legal right?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          The suspension is set up specifically for 1/4 mile, as is the chassis in general. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but they aren't street legal right?
          nope

Comment

It won't matter. That car, like 5 Ford GTs and other single digit production SVT products, will go straight to the warehouse.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              It won't matter. That car, like 5 Ford GTs and other single digit production SVT products, will go straight to the warehouse.
              Kind of ironic, considering that a storied/winning race history bolsters a race cars collector value down the road.

Though it does seem much less so for drag cars than road race cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Kind of ironic, considering that a storied/winning race history bolsters a race cars collector value down the road.

Though it does seem much less so for drag cars than road race cars.
                Racing it in a Joe Schmo NHRA index class wouldn't do anything for its value anyway.

Old race cars are highly valued because of the provenance of the races they participated in and the fact that they weren't all cookie cutter cars very heavily constrained by rulebooks seeking to perfectly level the field. Racing today has neither the provenance nor the uniqueness of race cars to bolster the future value of any modern racecar.

Still don't understand why you'd rather the thing sit in a fucking warehouse instead of driving it.

Comment

^^^^ because people that do that are fucking stupid

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      I like everything about them except that stupid Cobra graphic on the side.
                      It's optional, so now there's no worries for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X