Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife wants to go to school.... Questions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leah View Post
    Just don't call him!! That fucker hates to actually talk to someone!

Oh and solid self brag-I just graduated with my Masters in Special Education with a Diagnostician certification. BOOYAAAHH!

I don't blame him. I hate to talk on the phone too.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
      Not always true. The engineering field doesn't usually follow that path. I landed a great job the day before I received my diploma while another company that I was interning with for pay was trying to keep me. In the 2 years since I have graduated I was offered another job much higher pay and my company fought it and gave me a better offer to keep me. Most of the friends I graduated with had very similar success landing a good job very quickly after graduation if not before.
      Some of those you graduated with had jobs long before graduation the ME market is looking good man!

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
        In my area: ADN with one year of experience and overnights. Starts at $19.75/hr.
        I have far less liability in my current job, and the industry growth since I've been here is phenomenal.

Department: E.R.
        Schedule: Full Time
        Shift: Nights
        Hours: 8p-8a, every other weekend
        Salary Range: 19.75 - 30.61
        Job Details: Associate's Degree
        RN Required
        1 year of experience required
        Licensed RN in the state of Texas. Requires ACLS, CPR, TNCC, ENPC or PALS. Must have 1 year of direct Emergency Room experience with excellent assessment skills.

Good Shepherd Medical Center is a Level II Trauma Center. The Emergency Department provides an in-house surgical team comprised of anesthesia, neurosurgery, orthopedics, general surgery and oral surgery 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our Emergency department is staffed by only board certified Emergency physicians and is projected to care for 88,000 patients per year, making it the busiest ER in the region and one of the busiest in the state.
        While that's the listed minimum salary...you'll be hard pressed to find anyone working for that cheap. I've heard similar stories as 8mpg where you start mid 40s and get quickly bumped after experience. The big benefit with nursing is a higher cap than other 50-60k jobs that are near their earning limits without role change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          While that's the listed minimum salary...you'll be hard pressed to find anyone working for that cheap. I've heard similar stories as 8mpg where you start mid 40s and get quickly bumped after experience. The big benefit with nursing is a higher cap than other 50-60k jobs that are near their earning limits without role change.
          In this area, it's rare to be hired on as a recent grad without getting into to the Graduate Nurse Residency program. It starts out lower than the minimum for the job description that I listed. When I worked for the hospital, they had a much better pay scale listed by years of experience, degree, and shift differential, and they started minimum requirement for the position at the bare minimum.
          The ones that pay the best are the 90 day contracts. They pay $42/hr + Shift differential, but there are no benefits other than lodging or travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
            In this area, it's rare to be hired on as a recent grad without getting into to the Graduate Nurse Residency program. It starts out lower than the minimum for the job description that I listed. When I worked for the hospital, they had a much better pay scale listed by years of experience, degree, and shift differential, and they started minimum requirement for the position at the bare minimum.
            The ones that pay the best are the 90 day contracts. They pay $42/hr + Shift differential, but there are no benefits other than lodging or travel.
            The 90 day contracts have dried up in arkansas other than the rare med surg night weekend contract in a ghetto ass hospital and a few in ER/ICU. I almost took a 6 month contract at $55/hr. I happened to stop by and I was the only light skinned person on the entire floor, counting the other employees.

Comment

My hospital has a couple contracts right now with icu and ER rns. They are only 4 weeks with the ability to cancel with 2 week notice anytime. They make $45/hr. who knows what they are paying the agency

Comment

She can never go wrong with the medical field...

people will always be sick, lol

Comment

Working...
                X