Let's play a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's play a game

Even those of you with no military experience can play too. Look at this story, then the attached pictures of documents. See how many discrepancies you can find

Controversial AMERICA’S GOT TALENT singer Timothy Michael Poe is sharing personal military and medical documents to back up his claim that he was injured in a 2009 grenade blast in Afghanistan.

Poe suffers from “injury or disease received in the line of duty as a direct result of armed conflict or caused by an instrumentality of war and incurred in the line of duty during a period of war,” according to April 26, 2011 orders from Fort Hood.

A second document titled “Statement of Medical Examination and Duty Status” reads: ”SM states that injury and disease occurred as a result of a hand grenade exploding to the right side of his head in Afghanistan in July 2009.”

A third document also indicates that Sgt. Poe’s injuries occurred “in blast in July of this year.”

A spokesperson for the US Army and a spokesperson from the Minnesota National Guard have both said they are unable to verify the source or date of Poe’s injuries — despite the documents.

In a statement Thursday, Lt. Col. Kevin Olson of the Minnesota National Guard told AGTNews:

“I have personally reviewed the documents provided by Mr. Timothy Poe to the media. I have also received comments regarding them from qualified professionals at the Minnesota National Guard’s Office of the State Surgeon to support this response. After researching documents Mr. Poe provided media, he appears to lack the required justification to conclusively prove his injuries are combat-related. Absent this lack of supporting justification, it’s impossible to prove Mr. Poe’s injuries resulted from combat action. If Mr Poe has additional information to support his claims, we welcome it, and we will also continue to investigate and if appropriate, pursue a correction to his medical records and status.”

Poe granted an interview yesterday to The New York Post in which he said that a brain injury that resulted from the grenade blast has caused him to experience periodic memory loss.

“To be honest, I really do not remember a lot of things since the accident,” he said.Poe also said he never intended to disgrace his military family or use his veteran status for personal gain.

“I know that soldiers lost their lives over there and my heart goes out to their family,” he said. “I never tried to take anything away from their sacrifice. I just wanted to bring attention to the soldiers who are still alive who were injured and have given up on their dreams. “

He chalked up the holes in his emotional story to “incomplete facts.”
    “I would like to take the time to tell the the American people how truly sorry I am that they had to endure the incomplete facts,” he said. “I understand how they feel.”

Controversial AMERICA’S GOT TALENT singer Timothy Michael Poe?is sharing personal military and medical documents to back up his claim that he was injured in a 2009 grenade blast in Afghanistan. Poe suffers from?“injury or disease received in the line of duty as a direct result of armed conflict or caused by an instrumentality of war […]
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

In case you don't know the story, douche claims to have had an RPG go off by his head and he was med evac'd from Afghanistan. What the Army, his unit, his team leader and other soldiers there say is he fell off a truck and hurt his back and was sent back after a few days.

Comment

I only had to click on one form to see half the boxes are not even filled in; you always fill out every box in the military, even if it is not applicable you check that box, or write "N/A". I really don't feel like looking at the rest, but in this day and age it will not be too hard for someone to contact whatever base he was supposed to be stationed at to verify he was actually stationed there. If he is actually lying then he is going to really be fucked when the stolen valor act is thrown at him. Guess we will see what happens.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        In case you don't know the story, douche claims to have had an RPG go off by his head and he was med evac'd from Afghanistan. What the Army, his unit, his team leader and other soldiers there say is he fell off a truck and hurt his back and was sent back after a few days.
        Interesting; I thought this whole scandal was calling into question whether or not he actually served in Afghanistan.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

6 seconds before I saw the first problem: Weight: 188Kg. Grenade went off by his head. No purple heart awarded

Oh he went to Afghanistan, but came home a few days later. Like I did in Iraq.

Comment

Fucked up.
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Close. It's called pick the bastard out of the lineup. He claimed on TV he was a victim of an RPG attack in Afghanistan and started singing in the shower because his neurologist told him to for therapy for his stuttering caused by a TBI. Then we find out he had a band before he deployed. And now he blames the inconsistencies on the TBI and he 'doesn't remember EXACTLY what happened'. BS. You get a TBI from a firefight, you remember EXACTLY every moment, in slow motion. Back and forward because you see it every fucking night. You know how many rounds you fired, how many they fired, the color of the little girl's dress who waved at you while she told insurgents you were comign on her 1980's era fucking brick phone.

Officers, you want to see people who piss me off more than bad cops? You just got an example.

Comment

do you ever smile or have a good time?

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                  Originally posted by FOREVER FROST
                  What's a smile? What is this 'good time' that you speak of?
                  lulz
                  Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                  Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                  Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                  You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                    All the time. I'm usually having a good time and grinning.
                    Last edited by Forever_frost; 06-26-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      All the time. I'm usually having a good time and grinning. POWERFUL anti psychotics.
                      Not gonna lie-this scares me a little bit...
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                        Not gonna lie-this scares me a little bit...
                        Eh, dont' be scared. I have a prescription for everything, I'm generally a pleasant person as Doc can attest as well as the gentleman who wired my Mustang. I know my triggers and I avoid them

Comment

In poedoc3.png (lower/left document on the website), the date at top/left (OTSG Appr) is 28FEB06. The date in the bottom/right of the form is MAR 2006. Sooo, the form was filled out before it was ever put into use?
                          And yeah, where is his PH? What's with all the blanks on the forms? Why is his entire unit (CO on down) saying that he's full of shit? Somewhere I read that one of the guys said that he never even left the wire.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Good catch. I didn't even see that. He was never near the wire. From what I've gleaned from Stolen Valor, he was sitting on the back of a 5 ton and fell backwards. Then he claimed his back was injured and was sent back to his unit stateside and discharged. The Army cannot find a report of him being injured in combat, no firefights that day, no awards for purple heart.

He also sent in a picture of a sargent in another unit and then said "Oh, I'm sorry. I deleted most of my pictures of over there because I don't want to remember it and the thumbnails were tiny."

Comment

Oh shit. Evidently the back injury was a lie too. Damn I'm getting old.

Minnesota National Guard officials denied Poe's story, saying he was sent home from Afghanistan with an ear problem and was never deployed to Iraq, the San Antonio Express-News reported Friday.

Poe's fiancee, Carrie Morris, told the newspaper Poe has had memory problems since a 2005 training accident, leading him to believe he served in Iraq and tried to protect fellow soldiers from a grenade attack in 2009 in Afghanistan.

He's sorry "for everything's that's been going on," Morris, of Cleburne, Texas, said. "He is apologizing for the families of the soldiers who have lost their lives. He was apologizing to the soldiers that are upset with him. You know, he doesn't understand everything that's been going on."

"Do I think he's absolutely crazy? No, I don't. Do I think he's crazy? No. I just think he needs a little help," she added.

Comment

Working...
                              X