183 is a parking lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 183 is a parking lot

I've been on it nearly 2 hrs now, and I'm just at Central Dr.

Fuck.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Construction? Wreck? Combo?
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Oh damn! Been there done that!

Comment

I heard something about an 18-wheeler on it's side just before the 183-121 split on the radio this morning. You're getting closer!

Yep:
        Motorists in northeast Tarrant County will have more headaches this morning as part of Airport Freeway in Bedford has been shut down because of a major traffic accident involving a rock hauler.

Bedford police said this morning that the eastbound lanes of Airport Freeway at northbound Texas 121 could be closed for some time.

About 150 gallons of diesel was spilled and the rock hauler lost its load of gravel when it overturned, Bedford police said.

The wreck occurred shortly before 8:30 a.m. in the eastbound lanes of the freeway just past Central Drive in Bedford.

The rock hauler overturned and hit a sports utility vehicle, Bedford police said. The SUV driver suffered minor injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital.

The truck driver was not injured.
        Men have become the tools of their tools.
        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

What sucks even more is that pretty much every exit is fucked off and turns into 1 lane, so exiting and backroading is not a great option either.

Comment

I avoid that highway at all costs going through HEB. Which sucks, because I try to do the same for 114. No good way to get anywhere anymore. I wish these assholes would work on one north/south and one east/west highway at a time. Try finishing a fucking project before they move on to another.

I will say, however, kudos to the company doing all the 114/121 construction. They are WAY ahead of schedule last I checked.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
              What sucks even more is that pretty much every exit is fucked off and turns into 1 lane, so exiting and backroading is not a great option either.
              I just use highway 10 these days.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Well at least ur car isnt a manua... waitaminute... oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                  LOL, that was the exact reason I bought an auto, rush hour traffic from work was brutal! I take Beach from 30 to Keller, or 35W north, which blows goat balls any time of day. I do miss the shifting at times tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                    I just use highway 10 these days.
                    Good alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                      Yeah, I know, I have a big hairy pair of balls, the auto just wouldn't do. Besides it's not that hard to drive a stick when you're just idling.

I had to piss so bad I got off at Central, then turned up L Don Dodson to Murphy. I looked over my shoulder and could see the overturned truck but the pic didn't really turn out. Ended up being a 2hr 15min drive to work, my longest yet!

Big shout out to 1310 for telling me the accident was at Precinct Line, so I bypassed that much traffic just to get on a 5-mile stretch of highway with no usable exit!
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I don't miss 183 at all. my drive to/from work is 6.6 miles and takes all of 15 minutes in traffic now.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                          I don't miss 183 at all. my drive to/from work is 6.6 miles and takes all of 15 minutes in traffic now.

Winner!

Comment

passed that wreck on my way out. im sure he got every ticket in the book

Comment

Working...
                            X