Quick fairly healthy cooking to take to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick fairly healthy cooking to take to work

Well I'm working out here in NRH and the traffic off Rufe Snow is a bitch, everyday I bitch about the traffice while I'm at lunch. Well there is a Wal Mart SuperCenter close by and I just can't think of any easy prep meals I can make at home that I can take to work.

I eat out just about everyday, the money can add up for one thing but it's really the health part and not having to fucking drive on Rufe Snow during lunch.

I just got back from there with a couple of healthy choices but they are so small and don't do much for me.

Any *Fairly* quick prep meals I can make at home I can bring to work?

Tuna salad.

Comment

Brown Rice + chicken/fish/whatever + hot sauce= lunch

Comment

Beef jerky, almonds, an apple and some raw broccoli

Comment

Turkey sandwich on wheat bread and some baked lays chips. Water instead of soda.

Comment

Yeah guess I could start eating sandwiches more. Cheaper and easier. Found a dirty rice recipe I might make, looks like it will yield a few days worth of food.

Comment

I keep a small loaf of bread and stuff to make PB&J or balogna and cheese sandwiches at my desk. I eat a sandwich and a handful of chips at my desk several days a week. Definitely a lot cheaper and less stressful than eating out every day. And it makes that one day a week I eat out seem more like a treat.

P.S. I have one of the small fridges tucked away under my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                Brown Rice + chicken/fish/whatever + hot sauce= lunch
                Yup.

Comment

They sell those Minute Rice bowls, I buy several of those packages keep them at my desk. Buy the small can of Beanie Weenies, cook the rice, then warm up the beans in a seperate bowl, mix, add your choice of hot sauce. I prefer Tabasco Chipotle. It's cheap, high in protein, low in fat and carbs.

Comment

Wally world and I'm sure other places have those individual, pre-mixed tuna packs and they're pretty damned good. Just keep a few of those and a loaf of bread in your desk.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Grilled Chicken over yellow/brown/white rice + hot sauce... It's been said, but it used to be my go to meal of choice for lunch until I got fat and lazy.

Don't judge me damnit.
                      sigpic

Comment

I buy cans of Progresso soup and store then in my desk drawer at work. One can is 2 servings (according to the label), costs about $1.65 and holds me over till I get home for dinner. Not the greatest, but not bad (as far as healthy it's not too bad) and super easy. I also keep a plastic bowl in my desk, toss the soup in the Micro for 1:45 and it's good to go!

Speaking of durty rice, this is easy, makes great leftovers and is actually healthy, somewhat!

We use a coffee cup of instant rice, start it just after the shit below)
                        green peper cut up
                        celery cut up
                        onion cut up
                        throw it in a pan with olive oil and saute it with some cajun spice tossed in, cut the pieces to whatever size you prefer.

While the veggies cook, either a chicken breast or fillet of fish (we use tillapia) cooked in light oil in a pan, covered with the same cajun spice.

Once the fish/chicken and veggies are done, combine it all with the rice, add extra cajun spice to achieve the desired level. Makes enough for two of us to eat it twice, plus a lunch for me.

Comment

Cook a chicken breast, put it in tupperware, and buy a cesar salad kit. Mix the kit with the cut up chicken and viola, healthy good lunch.
                          Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Awesome ideas guys, thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X