Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD sued for 120 million

Abdul Arian was shot at 120 times.

Remember Abdul Arian, the unarmed 19-year-old who was shot down by LAPD officers on live TV after they claimed he had a gun?

Well, his family is now suing the department for $120 million. Arian was gunned down after a high speed chase that ended with him exiting his car and turning towards cops in what they have called a "shooting stance." Threatened, the police officers, who already outnumbered him, shot him down in the middle of the highway. He was unarmed.

LA Times reports that the officers fired 120 rounds at the teen:

Multiple gunshot wounds that perforated the unarmed teenagers body [include] his left upper arm, right hand, left flank area, right lower leg, left wrist, left lower leg, left forearm and to the left side of Abdul's head which passed through his skull and exited the right side of his head. The force of said bullet resulted in a portion of Abdul's right skull to be blown off. Also internal organs were punctured, his left lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, further bullets shattered bones in his spine, his skull and ribcage. The report also shows that Abdul was callously shot in the back by the LAPD.

LAPD has maintained that Arian called police during the chase and told them that he had a gun and would pull it out if he had to. So, when he jumped out of the car pretending to have one, they acted accordingly in their eyes.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Sounds like Suicide By Cop.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

If they have the tapes where he called and told them he had a gun and would use it he's fucked. If you call me and tell me you are coming to my house to kill me I'm not gonna answer the door and be like "hey man what's up?" I'm gonna arm up and get ready while calling the popo.
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

play stupid games
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

who cares?

Comment

So thats a million for each round from a city whose state is bankrupt. Sounds like every cop in the chase unloaded a whole clip. Dude got it worse than scarface and he had a bad ass gun.

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
              who cares?
              It's a police related story, so by default, Frost has a moral obligation to post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                If they have the tapes where he called and told them he had a gun and would use it he's fucked. If you call me and tell me you are coming to my house to kill me I'm not gonna answer the door and be like "hey man what's up?" I'm gonna arm up and get ready while calling the popo.
                Well if they have the recording then it's a slam dunk. Right? If not, then they dumped 120 rounds into an unarmed man.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  It's a police related story, so by default, Frost has a moral obligation to post it.
                  Eh, I've put up some military ones because it's been said my FTP app was on the fritz. I'm trying to keep it constant.

Comment

Don't run from the cops in the first place.
                    2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
                    www.militarystangs.com

Comment

120 round AND shots to the back are a bit much. Even for a douche that ran.

Comment

They fired 120 rounds?

That's excessive.

If someone were to break into your house and shoot at you, and you shoot them 120 times, you will go to jail.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                          They fired 120 rounds?

That's excessive.

If someone were to break into your house and shoot at you, and you shoot them 120 times, you will go to jail.
                          Yep, pretty sure we'd go to jail for this:

LA Times reports that the officers fired 120 rounds at the teen:

Multiple gunshot wounds that perforated the unarmed teenagers body [include] his left upper arm, right hand, left flank area, right lower leg, left wrist, left lower leg, left forearm and to the left side of Abdul's head which passed through his skull and exited the right side of his head. The force of said bullet resulted in a portion of Abdul's right skull to be blown off. Also internal organs were punctured, his left lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, further bullets shattered bones in his spine, his skull and ribcage. The report also shows that Abdul was callously shot in the back by the LAPD.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                            They fired 120 rounds?

That's excessive.

Seriously? Don't bother to factor in that there were more than one cop on the scene. If someone breaks into my house, I'm not going to stop shooting until the clip is empty. Now, if there were ten or 12 of me standing there shooting.... you do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              play stupid games
                              Win cupie dolls?

-k

Comment

Working...
                              X