Words cannot begin to describe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words cannot begin to describe.

And no, I didn't lift this from The Onion.

It sounds like a hoax, but it's apparently true: The Loch Ness Monster is on the science class syllabus for kids at Eternity Christian Academy in Westlake, Louisiana.

As reported by the Herald Scotland (which must track all Loch Ness-related news), a school that will receive tax-payer dollars, will teach kids that the mythological sea creature is real in order to debunk the theory of evolution. So pay attention: That will be on the test.

Eternity Christian Academy uses the fundamentalist A.C.E. Curriculum to teach students "to see life from God's point of view."

According to the Herald, one textbook, Biology 1099, reads, "Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence. Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."

Starting in the fall, thousands of schoolchildren will receive publicly funded vouchers to attend private schools, some of which are religious. Religious schools in Louisiana will receive public funding as part of a push from Louisiana's governor, Bobby Jindal, to move millions of tax dollars to cover tuition for private schools, including small bible-based church schools. Money will fund schools that have "bible-based math books" and biology texts that refute evolution.

At Eternity Christian Academy, pastor-turned-principal Marie Carrier says that the her first through eighth-grade students learn at their own pace from Christian workbooks. The beginning science text explains "what God made" on each of the six days of creation. Evolution is not taught.

Carrier said, "We try to stay away from all those things that might confuse our children." She hopes to secure enrollment of 135 voucher students for the 2012-2013 school year. According to the website Salon, the school currently has just 38 students.

Whether this gambit will help move Louisiana from the bottom of math and science rankings in the country is unclear. A 2011 study of how well primary education prepares students for engineering careers had Louisiana third from the bottom, with only West Virginia and Mississippi performing worse.

What a fucked up state.

Comment

religion: fucking retarded

Comment

Doesn't sound any dumber than some of the BS taught in public schools. I wonder if they included Campie.

And if you want to send your kids to that school, good on you. It's your taxes, you get to choose.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Sounds about as bad as the creationist museum that teaches kids the Flintstones was based on fact.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Sounds about as bad as the creationist museum that teaches kids the Flintstones was based on fact.
            Wait...it's not?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Doesn't sound any dumber than some of the BS taught in public schools. I wonder if they included Campie.

And if you want to send your kids to that school, good on you. It's your taxes, you get to choose.
              Do you mean Champ?

Comment

yes, sorry. I was holding the kiddo and typing is tough

Comment

yes, sorry. I was holding the kiddo and typing is tough
                  If they include Champ they are going to have to include Ogopogo as well. By that time you might as well write an entire text book based on sea monsters, which I am sure would just be a waste of everyone's time.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                    If they include Champ they are going to have to include Ogopogo as well. By that time you might as well write an entire text book based on sea monsters, which I am sure would just be a waste of everyone's time.
                    Haven't read that one. Time to do some research. And again, if the taxpayers in questions want to send their kid to Acme University to learn that the Road Runner handed the Declaration of Independence to Marvin the Martian and Washington, then so be it. It's their money and their kids. No more traumatic than a chapter on Obama while dedicating a sentence to the American revolution in public schools.

Comment

Haven't read that one. Time to do some research. And again, if the taxpayers in questions want to send their kid to Acme University to learn that the Road Runner handed the Declaration of Independence to Marvin the Martian and Washington, then so be it. It's their money and their kids. No more traumatic than a chapter on Obama while dedicating a sentence to the American revolution in public schools.
                      Now I get what your saying, but there are already enough dumbasses in this world, we don't need to have a generation of complete fuck tards who will argue until they are blue in the face that the earth was created in 7 days and Nessie is real.

You're suppose to learn at school, not be taught some crazy shit and waste your time.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                        Now I get what your saying, but there are already enough dumbasses in this world, we don't need to have a generation of complete fuck tards who will argue until they are blue in the face that the earth was created in 7 days and Nessie is real.

You're suppose to learn at school, not be taught some crazy shit and waste your time.
                        Versus the federal government is your daddy and you should give up all your rights to the all knowing and all powerful government?

Which is more dangerous?

Comment

Versus the federal government is your daddy and you should give up all your rights to the all knowing and all powerful government?

Which is more dangerous?
                          Having a higher population of people that are even more incapable of possessing the knowledge and skills to overcome the government seems pretty scary to me.

There needs to be a line somewhere, education is one of them. Science and math needs to be tought with no boundaries. Teaching kids things that have been scientifically proven wrong is fucked up.

Comment

Y not teach them both and let them figure it out.
                            99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                            going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                              Y not teach them both and let them figure it out.
                              1st period : teach the students the sky is blue.
                              2nd period: teach the students the sky is red.
                              3rd period: test on what color the sky is.

Comment

Working...
                              X