Credit Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Question

So i purchased a truck last month and i was wondering, when they run your credit thru all these different banks does each one count as a hit on your record? for the past week or two i have been getting these letters in the mail from banks as to why they denied my loan and each time i open the letter i see a lower and lower credit score

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

They each score differently. You could have a 730 with one and a 690 with another.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Each shows as an inquiry and if it's anything like the mortgage industry they have to send a reason (in writing) as to why you were denied if you applied with them (which the auto LO probably did on your behalf).

Comment

yeah they all said my credit score was too low, i thought anything over 650 is good....guess my 685 was not good enough :-(

Comment

I dunno if I'd be bragging about a 685.

Comment

I'm not, it has dropped a lot over the past 5 years do to me not paying attention to the mail, hope to get it back to mid 700's soon

Comment

if you have alot of inquiries for the same thing like car shopping and all the inquiries occur within 30 days then its supposed to show only 1 ''hit'' on your credit

A hard inquiry will usually lower your score about 10-15 points per inquiry

Comment

<< 800 club!

Comment

So can the dealership take the car from dude if they can't find a bank to finance it?

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                    << 800 club!
                    you know they say the higher your credit score the more you like debt...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                      So can the dealership take the car from dude if they can't find a bank to finance it?
                      the day we went up there they found a bank to finance, but i dont even think they would give u a car if they cant find a loan for u, maybe a car salesman can help us out on this

Comment

I was told by a loan officer for every 12 inquiries in a 2 week span it counts as 1 inquiry

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                          you know they say the higher your credit score the more you like debt...
                          i have about a 780 and have $1500 in debt. That doesn't apply to everyone.

If I had a mortgage loan it would probably be in the 800 range.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                            I was told by a loan officer for every 12 inquiries in a 2 week span it counts as 1 inquiry
                            There must be some caveat to that, or perhaps they don't keep the best tabs on what. When I bought my car a few years ago both BMW and my credit union ran the financing, and both showed up as hard inquiries on my credit report.

Perhaps FICO wasn't able to connect the 2 as an inquiry for the same car for whatever reason, both have dropped off at this point though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              There must be some caveat to that, or perhaps they don't keep the best tabs on what. When I bought my car a few years ago both BMW and my credit union ran the financing, and both showed up as hard inquiries on my credit report.

Perhaps FICO wasn't able to connect the 2 as an inquiry for the same car for whatever reason, both have dropped off at this point though.
                              how long does it take to drop off your credit?

Comment

Working...
                              X