Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vonage Cancellation Nightmare

Call#1

Told the Account Manager I would like to cancel my service. Which yield the typical scripted customer service questions of why I would like to cancel my service after 5 years. I simply said I no longer need the service and I wish to cancel. What followed was another series of questions about how I felt about their service and why I would want to cancel after being such a "valued customer"?. I politely stated once again that I no longer have any need for the service. She then asked for my PIN and another valiant sales pitch, finally provided me with a confirmation# and confirmed my email address. She thanked me for my patronage and we said our good byes. I got off the phone and promptly received the following email.

Confirmation Number:SI9GGC1GI1
    Dear,
    To view important information in Spanish regarding your Vonage account, please visit http://espanol.vonage.com/emails/s-Q1-12. Para ver información importante en español sobre tu cuenta de Vonage, visita el enlace anterior.

We're delighted that you've chosen to stay with Vonage.

We're writing to confirm the terms you discussed with our Account Management representative on 06/25/2012 to continue your service on the following plan:
    Residential Premium Unlimited Plan
    This plan is associated with the phone number(s) listed above.
    As discussed, you'll continue to be charged a monthly fee of $24.99 on the following plan:
    Residential Premium Unlimited Plan
    Your next billing date is 07/24/2012.
    Be sure to access your online account at http://www.vonage.com to review your account details.

Call#2

Gave another Account Manager the confirmation# from previous call and asked them to rectify this situation. They repeated back to me everything almost verbatim as in Call#1. I stated again my reason and I want my service cancelled without a protracted argument. And if I'm such a valued customer, then honor my request and let's put a period on this conversation. I was inundated with even more sales pitches followed by an "special" offer to lower my price to $9.99 for a limited amount of minutes. Therefore, I just started repeating cancel my service every time he took a breath. He reluctantly said he would cancel my service at my request effective before next billing cycle. While I was one the phone with him this is the email that came through.

Confirmation Number: SNISLEVIN2
    Dear,
    To view important information in Spanish regarding your Vonage account, please visit http://espanol.vonage.com/emails/s-Q1-12. Para ver información importante en español sobre tu cuenta de Vonage, visita el enlace anterior.

We're delighted that you've chosen to stay with Vonage.

I chuckled...And asked the dude to send me an email confirmation reflecting what we discussed. After some more customer service word vomit, he stated he was sending an email showing the cancellation. I told him I wasn't getting off the phone until he sent it. He gave me a heart felt "hmm...keep hitting refresh". No email. The saga continues....

I'm late to the game, but now I see why the BBB has revoked their membership.
    Last edited by LS1Goat; 06-25-2012, 05:36 PM.

Seems like way too much trouble. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to cancel the damn thing.

Comment

Next time when they ask why you don't need it, tell them you were just sentenced to jail time and you're gonna be gone a long time...If you really wanna freak them out, make up some wild ass story about how you killed some person that kept stalking you on the phone... Record it so we can all enjoy...

Comment

Sounds like dealing with AT&T UVerse. Clowns.

Comment

Call the bank and tell them that you canceled the service and to refuse payment.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

As if the BBB means anything....

Comment

That is the plan. From what I've been reading , it sounds like that is the only real way to sever your relationship with Vonage.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Call the bank and tell them that you canceled the service and to refuse payment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
              Last edited by LS1Goat; 06-26-2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I had to cancel my mothers account with them in the past and it was a nightmare. They charged a ton of fees to cancel the service too!

So you may want to watch your bank statement for the next few weeks

Jon

Comment

I used to struggle every time I tried to cancel anything! When they start giving me a hard time, I usually say I'm being deployed overseas then all the BS stops.
                  .....bro....

Comment

Just tell them you no longer want to fund alqueda. Has anyone else noticed you never see anyone other than foreiners on their commercials

Comment

Typical formula make it hard to get off and the lazy will quit. The rest make it harder to quit in hope they get fed up.

Keep fighting the fight but when some we lived,without 20 years ago becomes something we have to have they don't care much about losing a stray.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                        Keep fighting the fight but when some we lived,without 20 years ago becomes something we have to have they don't care much about losing a stray.

Good luck.

???? WTH did you just say?

Comment

Typical formula make it hard to get off and the lazy will quit. The rest make it harder to quit in hope they get fed up.

Good luck.
                          Today a goat vonaged over turbines to unicorn the pretzel man.

Comment

Call your credit card company. Explain the situation and that you want to refuse any further payments to Vonage and that you also want to change acct numbers.

Comment

Good luck.

Did you have a stroke while writing this?

Comment

Working...
                              X