Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing about this here yet?

Teen shot by DPD officer dies

DALLAS - An 18-year-old man who was shot by a Dallas police officer on Sunday has died of his injuries.

Kendrick McDaniel died at Methodist Central Hospital about 11 hours after he was confronted by Officer Cortenay Howard at the Taco Bell at 4345 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., the Dallas County medical examiner's office confirmed.

According to a Dallas police report, Officer Howard was inside the restaurant about 10 a.m., eating food while in uniform. About five to seven feet away, he noticed McDaniel at a table with two friends. McDaniel had a brown-wrapped marijuana cigar or "blunt" tucked behind his ear.

The police report says McDaniel was "acting nervous and fidgeting."

When Howard ordered McDaniel to come over to his table, the police report says McDaniel replied, "[Expletive] you, we ain't got nothing to talk about."

The officer says he continued to loudly command McDaniel to come to him, and McDaniel continued to resist. "For his safety, [Officer Howard] pulled out his duty weapon" according to the report.

McDaniel began to run, jumping over a rail inside the restaurant. Officer Howard says McDaniel then pulled a black handgun from his waistband and pointed it at him.

The officer fired twice, striking McDaniel in the stomach, then handcuffed him as he lay on the floor.

When another responding officer arrived, he found Officer Howard holding three suspects at gunpoint, according to the police report.

Officers recovered a .380 handgun and marijuana from the scene.

Officer Howard is a ten-year veteran of the department. He was involved in one other off-duty shooting during his career, at a burglary at his home.

As with all police-involved shootings, the case will be referred to a grand jury.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/188715...#ixzz1ypKGFOIB

So he pointed a gun at a cop and got shot? Sounds like he got what he deserved. I mean if a cop will shoot your dog for looking at him wrong you gotta believe he won't think twice about shooting you when you have a gun pulled on him.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

The 18 year old must have had cropped ears.
      Originally posted by 03trubluGT
      Your opinion is what sucks.
      You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Who eats at Taco Bell at 10am??
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I don't even see why this is news worthy, you break the law and then pull a gun on a cop you are probably going to get shot. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
            Alex?
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

People who want diarrhea.

Comment

Call me cold-blooded, but I laughed. HARD. I LAUGHED REALLY HARD.

"Today, a young man with a blunt behind his ear proceeded to tell a police officer 'Fuck you, we ain't got nuthin' ta talk about!' and pulled a gun on an already drawn officer. When keepin' it real goes wrong..."
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  Call me cold-blooded, but I laughed. HARD. I LAUGHED REALLY HARD.

"Today, a young man with a blunt behind his ear proceeded to tell a police officer 'Fuck you, we ain't got nuthin' ta talk about!' and pulled a gun on an already drawn officer. When keepin' it real goes wrong..."
                  Idiot...
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

People with bowel movement issues?

Comment

No FTP on this one. The kid was a huge idiot..

Comment

An 18 year old with a handgun? Sounds like one less pos on the street that cant commit any more crimes

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                          Idiot...
                          Don or the deceased blunt toking gun pointing badass??
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by don svo View Post
                            call me cold-blooded, but i laughed. Hard. I laughed really hard.

"today, a young man with a blunt behind his ear proceeded to tell a police officer 'fuck you, we ain't got nuthin' ta talk about!' and pulled a gun on an already drawn officer. when keepin' it real goes wrong..."
                            lmao

Comment

Don or the deceased blunt toking gun pointing badass??
                              The deceased.

Comment

Working...
                              X