Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chantix?

Anybody ever use it to quit smoking. I just filled my script

I tried it 2 years ago, less than stellar experience here. During second week, severe mood change to where my wife said I needed to stop immediately! Guess it works for some, just not for me. Good luck !
    2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
    Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
    Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Resonator Delete

Comment

Cold turkey - stop being a pussy.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

chantix

Everybody is different in the way they react to the drug, but, I have a friend who took it and it turned him into a zombie. He always had this glazed over look in his eyes and it was noticed by everyone. After a few unsettling episodes of eratic behavior, he saw a doctor and got off of it immediately. It definatly didn't work for him and he said he was glad to be off of it. If you do decide to take it make sure someone close to you knows it and can monitor your behavior. When he would drink a little, he was all over the map. Just be careful and heed any warnings. I personally have heard more than a few horror stories and would certainly be wary. This is just the little bit that I know. Good luck. And for what its worth, he is smoking a bit now but not like he was.

Comment

I had a bad experience with it not unlike Andre. Good luck if it works for you, but be very mindful of your moods/demeanor. It can cause severe mood swings and depression out of nowhere.
          Last edited by Tx Redneck; 06-24-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Cold turkey - stop being a pussy.
            This. I failed a few times, but I'm going on close to 2 years cold turkey.

Comment

Many people who had used it reported suicidal thoughts. Just watch yourself while on it

Comment

I have and am again. Used it when it first came out with great results. No issues, quit for a bit over two years then started back up again. Now I am trying to quit again, but with a bit less success. Cut back significantly, but just cant seem to kick it comepletely. With chantix you also have to be mentally prepared to quit otherwise its money down the drain.
                2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

I quit every week. Sometimes twice

Comment

Cold turkey 6 years ago, have never even had the urge since that day.

Comment

i used it once and quit for several months on it, but went back to smoking. I finally read this book called Allen Carr easy way to quit smoking and it did the trick. The chantix gave me some crazy dreams and mixing it with alcohol caused some bad fights with me and the girl I was dating.

Comment

That's the problem with our society. The thought that there's a pill for everything. You're destined to fail by expecting an easy way out of bad habits.

Comment

What's more easy than just stopping? And i fail at that repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                            What's more easy than just stopping? And i fail at that repeatedly.
                            Nothing, just stop it. Stop being a failure too while you're at it.

Comment

Wean yourself off nicotine over 6weeks. Use a calendar to write down a taper.

Comment

Working...
                              X